1.0 to 2.0 Coming back

By Surge4tw, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Im coming back to X-wing after a long hiatus, and was wondering if I just need the conversion kits for Rebel, Imp, and Scum, or do I need to buy a new core 2.0 starter set?

And are all my 1.0 Pilot, and upgrades cards no longer usable in 2.0?

Please and thank you for the help!

Edited by Surge4tw

Stuff to keep from 1st Edition: Obstacles, Mines, Bombs, Pegs, Bases, Ships, Dice, Range Rulers, and some tokens. I say some tokens as you may not have enough of some tokens from the conversion kits to start, but in general you'll want to move the new tokens as the new rules reference shape and color of tokens. Round tokens are removed in the end phase (focus, evade, tractor, etc.) and square tokens require some circumstance to remove (ion, stress, etc.)

What you'll want/need from the new core set is the new damage deck (old ones aren't legal) and the new movement templates which have a line down the center for better accuracy during movement and for the new barrel roll rules. Also, if I remember correctly X-wing pilots Luke Skywalker and Jek Porkins, and TIE Fighter pilots Iden Versio, Valen Rudor, and Night Beast only come in the core set.

36 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Also, if I remember correctly X-wing pilots Luke Skywalker and Jek Porkins, and TIE Fighter pilots Iden Versio, Valen Rudor, and Night Beast only come in the core set.

Thank you so much!

So if I buy a new damage I should be good in the long run atleast.

And ugh, x.x

I was afraid of that. Welp. Time to re, re, invest again

Edited by Surge4tw
On 1/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, Surge4tw said:

Thank you for the heads up! Heres hoping the Feb 7th announcement doesnt make this more difficult

Feb 3rd, I believe.

You have probably figured this out but you could also buy the premium maneuver templates if you didn't want the core set. That with a damage deck could run you around $25 give or take, but do take a look at the contents of the core set to see if there is anything you cant live without. here is another useful link X-Wing Miniatures: Second Edition Wiki | Fandom that has all of the content listed

I recently came back to the game and I'm really glad I did. 2.0 is really good.

I did end up getting another core set and the conversion kits. It's not a cheap investment but again, I'm glad I did. You can find deals if you shop around. The conversion kits seem to be coming down in price. I was able to get all 3 at the same time on ebay.

If you play Rebels or Imps, I would definitely get the core set. It has some great cards (Luke and Wedge are awesome in 2.0).

Edited by GlassJaw
19 hours ago, GlassJaw said:

They are fine, they just don't have the middle marker.

No.. they are not. You need those lines for Barrel and Talon rolls

On 1/27/2021 at 4:59 AM, Lyianx said:

No.. they are not. You need those lines for Barrel and Talon rolls

And side slips, and decloaking, though that is technically a barrel roll I guess.

For at home casual play, they are fine.

7 hours ago, JediRush24 said:

For at home casual play, they are fine.

"home casual play" is irrelevant in a Rules form. If you are going to say "but at home its fine" then by that standard, you don't have to follow Any rules at home in which case, why pose the question here?

I'm going off the assumption that, anyone who asks that kind of question here (or any question for that matter), is looking for proper answers to get practice so they can play with others at locations like Game stores or with someone other than the same person over and over and over. Otherwise, they have little reasons to post such a question in order to get things correct and just 'house rule' any disputes.

Lawyer I presume?