What a great ride!

By whafrog, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Before the absolute end, just wanted to say it's been great participating in this passionate community. I've been on here since just after the EotE beta...almost 8 years!... and it became a regular staple for me to check in daily. An all around great bunch of varied people eager to tell stories, or at least cause some imaginative mayhem. We laughed, we loved, we fought, we recovered and laughed again. We helped a lot of people grapple with how unique this game is, and I don't think it's a stretch to say that this community contributed greatly to the game's success.

So thank you to all the people who helped improve my game, including, and maybe especially, those I disagreed with. It all went into the machine, sorted, assessed, rethought, and filtered, and I know my games improved a lot over the years...at least my players say so. So a tip o' the hat to you all.

I know other communities are popping up, and kudos to all who are creating those spaces. I hope they see robust activity.

Cheers!

Agreed, hopefully Edge has been paying attention here. Regardless, vaya con dios to all, take what you can, give nothing back.....also, wash your hands.....

sailing-ship-sunset-wallpaper.jpg

Indeed an very interesting journey, while mine was not as long as that of others here.

And if we don't meet again - May the force be with you, or what those spacewizards always say!

6 hours ago, whafrog said:

Before the absolute end, just wanted to say it's been great participating in this passionate community. I've been on here since just after the EotE beta...almost 8 years!... and it became a regular staple for me to check in daily. An all around great bunch of varied people eager to tell stories, or at least cause some imaginative mayhem. We laughed, we loved, we fought, we recovered and laughed again. We helped a lot of people grapple with how unique this game is, and I don't think it's a stretch to say that this community contributed greatly to the game's success.

So thank you to all the people who helped improve my game, including, and maybe especially, those I disagreed with. It all went into the machine, sorted, assessed, rethought, and filtered, and I know my games improved a lot over the years...at least my players say so. So a tip o' the hat to you all.

I know other communities are popping up, and kudos to all who are creating those spaces. I hope they see robust activity.

Cheers!

I can't agree more Whafrog... These forums have been a great resource over the years & the input from members has without question both improved my skills as a GM & my enjoyment of the game.

I'll raise a chilled glass of Weston's cider to you all!!

Cheers to the lot of ya 😁

1 hour ago, AceSolo5 said:

I'll raise a chilled glass of Weston's cider to you all!!

Heh, a Strongbow right back at ya!

Hope to see you guys on at least one of the forums in my favorites bar (I have 4 of them now lol). Still wish we could decide on just one for us all to go to.

I've been here since the Warhammer narrative days. Just checked the date. 2009. The year Michael Jackson died, Obama was first elected, Captain Sully became a household name, and Swine flu was the global pandemic. Over a decade here with few days I didn't at least visit. Thanks for expanding the enjoyment of my hobby.

Again, hope to see everyone move to another forum. And, please try to keep the same names if you do. My old brain would have a hard time keeping track of who was whom.

Actually... one of the sites I’ve still got in my favourites bar is Sturn’s Stuff!

Thanks for your rules supplements man, love em & have used the heck out of them... Kudos 👍

So long...and thanks for all the fish*

*fish - ideas, pdfs, PMs, shiggles, laughter, agreement, disagreement, art, PC guidance, NPC guidance etc etc etc,

10 hours ago, Sturn said:

Again, hope to see everyone move to another forum. And, please try to keep the same names if you do. My old brain would have a hard time keeping track of who was whom.

Seconded! (And you don't have to worry about me, Sturn. I'll always be your friendly neighborhood sentient fighter plane)

I need to get around to joining the other forums as well, but I am now on (and particularly like) the Discourse (not Dis cord , Dis course ) forum set up by the SWRPG Discord guys:

The style is a bit different, but altogether pretty similar to what we have here.

As said by others, it's been a blast here on these forums. I'm definitely a newer face, but have really appreciated all the tips, tricks and answers to obscure questions that I've posed over the last year.

Thanks everyone, hope to see you on the other Forums!

11 hours ago, AceSolo5 said:

Actually... one of the sites I’ve still got in my favourites bar is Sturn’s Stuff!

Glad you said something. I recently moved it - STURN'S STUFF

I'm one of the relative new-comers to FFG SW RPG; I joined the forums here back in July 2018 (only a few months after being introduced to the game). Nonetheless it quickly became my go-to sci-fi(/fantasy) RPG game, particularly when my favourite RPG system moved on to a second (and less interesting to me) edition.

These forums are also the place where I finally got the courage to dip my toes into play-by-forum-post games. (Previously I'd been a "table-top only" player/GM.)

Like others, I've appreciated the chance to discuss both the rules and setting with others. The search for better character sheets was what originally brought me here, and the player-created resources here have been fantastic! @OggDude @RLogue177 @Screenmonkey in particular: Thank you so much for making my games (both on- and off-line) so much easier!

Also like others have noted, it's a bit unfortunate that there is no single home to which we can migrate. We'll likely be splitting our attention between several different SW-focused forums. (I'm on three of them myself, all under the same handle - and avatar picture - as here.)

So: thank you for the good times (and the occasional eye-rolling posts too). May the Force be with us all. :)

I'm sure I will see one or two of y'all post-pandemic at GamerNation Con.

I've decided to switch to only one forum... Same name, different piccy (hint: a certain iconic planet, there's two of them in the sky :D )

I had a phase of 2 or 3 forums for Eldritch Horror so I just stuck mainly to BGG as it made life easier...

I will miss the central idea of camaraderie but as the saying goes 'All good things....' so I was not surprised by FFGs announcement of dropping SW then the forum closing, just disappointed.

I'd just like to take the oppurtunity to say thank you for the 'New Forum Makers', regardless of whether I venture onto others or not.. I'll raise a glass over the weekend for you! 🥃

Onwards and Upwards...

I made multiple permanent friends here, and I loved sharing my obsession with math and statistics with everyone. Thanks for several great years of memories :) !

Thank you guys for all the great insight, shared jokes and help I got from the last few years I've been introduced to this amazing game!

See you on the swrpg forum! :) Unfortunatel no Civilization avatars, guess I have to find a Star Wars one :D

It has indeed been fun. Whether just geeking out about the game, talking Star Wars in general, even some of the...passionate...back and forth.

Hope to see you fine people elsewhere, whether on my own forum (no shameless plug link here), or one of the others I’ve also joined...or all of ‘em.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:23 AM, kaosoe said:

I'm sure I will see one or two of y'all post-pandemic at GamerNation Con.

I’ll be there.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:12 AM, Rimsen said:

See you on the swrpg forum! :) Unfortunatel no Civilization avatars, guess I have to find a Star Wars one :D

Or, at least on the ones that allow it, save the one you like and upload it as your avatar. I’ve got that enabled on mine. 😁