Imp ship name?

By Dwing, in X-Wing

Does anyone know the name for the Imperial troop carrier used in Mandalorian, the one that Boba Fett shotts down with his jetpack?

I bet our Imperial Advisor knows the name ....

5 hours ago, sirjorj said:

Imperial transport gave me a lot of hits, but not this one, thanks. I was hopeing for a more original name 😅

Edited by Dwing

I clicked on the Boba Fett link on the side where it shows the more commonly read articles, scrolled to that part of the story, and found a link to this. When you can’t find the name of something, search for where it appears and you can usually find the link to it in the descriptions.

They haven't given it a lovely in-canon name yet, sadly. Would be cool to find out they're made by Sienar and have a lineage with the FO lander, but that's not entirely a given.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:51 AM, Dwing said:

Does anyone know the name for the Imperial troop carrier used in Mandalorian, the one that Boba Fett shotts down with his jetpack?

I don't know what the Imperial Lander's designation is but it's the predecessor to the First Order's AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport, with AAL the abbreviation for Aerial Assault Transport. I don't know if this is canon. It's what came up when I did a Google search.

7 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

I don't know what the Imperial Lander's designation is but it's the predecessor to the First Order's AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport, with AAL the abbreviation for Aerial Assault Transport. I don't know if this is canon. It's what came up when I did a Google search.

I know it's not a perfect source, but the wookiepedia page hasn't had that added. There is another AAL that was used by Palpy's forces in TROS, designated AAL-2100/9.5 and though it's not known that Sienar-Jaemus manufactured it, it feels a pretty solid assumption.

I think it is entirely believable that this craft is in that lineage but I don't believe we've gotten an official designation for it yet. It also would have been manufactured by one of the companies that wasn't taken over by the Republic (so not KDY and possibly not Sienar) or they were manufactured before the NR took over by whichever company.

Kind of along the same lines, it's not clear when Moff Gideon's cruiser was manufactured or by whom. It's not exactly an arquitens, seems to be a bigger ship based on the models used in the show, maybe like an Arquitens-II. Even if it wasn't meant to seem bigger, it's got that bigger nose hanger with the rail launching and different engines. Imperial remnants have to have some kind of shipyard somewhere that the NR couldn't police and could manufacture or refit several different kinds of vessels at or all the new toys they had had to have existed before NR blocked sales to the Imps. (new stuff I can remember: the new arquitens, the landers, the TIE outlander).

TL/DR: probably related by what convoluted means is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I know it's not a perfect source, but the wookiepedia page hasn't had that added. There is another AAL that was used by Palpy's forces in TROS, designated AAL-2100/9.5 and though it's not known that Sienar-Jaemus manufactured it, it feels a pretty solid assumption.

I think it is entirely believable that this craft is in that lineage but I don't believe we've gotten an official designation for it yet. It also would have been manufactured by one of the companies that wasn't taken over by the Republic (so not KDY and possibly not Sienar) or they were manufactured before the NR took over by whichever company.

Kind of along the same lines, it's not clear when Moff Gideon's cruiser was manufactured or by whom. It's not exactly an arquitens, seems to be a bigger ship based on the models used in the show, maybe like an Arquitens-II. Even if it wasn't meant to seem bigger, it's got that bigger nose hanger with the rail launching and different engines. Imperial remnants have to have some kind of shipyard somewhere that the NR couldn't police and could manufacture or refit several different kinds of vessels at or all the new toys they had had to have existed before NR blocked sales to the Imps. (new stuff I can remember: the new arquitens, the landers, the TIE outlander).

Could the design differences not just be attributed to the change from cartoon to live action? Like the giraffe star destroyers etc.

Edited by Dwing

its just the FO lander. Mandolorean has showcased common SW vehicles in more derail and played with some designs in the process. theyve also shown multiple models of the same ship that are incongruos and contradictory. Two prime examples being the Gozanti in S2E3 (the hull of which changes from shot to shot), and Slave 1s interior (shown as impossible huge and different from any previous layout)

57 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

its just the FO lander. Mandolorean has showcased common SW vehicles in more derail and played with some designs in the process. theyve also shown multiple models of the same ship that are incongruos and contradictory. Two prime examples being the Gozanti in S2E3 (the hull of which changes from shot to shot), and Slave 1s interior (shown as impossible huge and different from any previous layout)

It's... it's not the FO lancer.

4 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

It's... it's not the FO lancer.

yep. it is the FO Lander

23 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

yep. it is the FO Lander

You know, Von.

I'll just let it go, one last time. I don't have the fight in me anymore.

Edited by KCDodger
On 1/22/2021 at 9:24 AM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Regarding Moff Gideon's Arquitens, I saw this on YouTube....

You know, I'm going to really miss watching Vontoothskie being wrong all the time.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, Vontoothskie said:

yep. it is the FO Lander

It's very much not. I know others are already telling you this but really, come on.

Imperial transport from Mandalorian with unknown designation.

jMxqLxc.png

AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport used by the First Order.

I9ttybD.png

On 1/22/2021 at 12:17 PM, Dwing said:

Could the design differences not just be attributed to the change from cartoon to live action? Like the giraffe star destroyers etc.

RE: Arquitens, I don't personally think so, based on the below. There's been other variants of the cruiser but this one feels like a huge revision.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:47 PM, T70 Driver said:

Regarding Moff Gideon's Arquitens, I saw this on YouTube....

On 1/24/2021 at 11:41 AM, FTS Gecko said:

You know, I'm going to really miss watching Vontoothskie being wrong all the time.

saying someones wrong doesnt make it true. I cant say i'll miss your attempts to make the forum a toxic realm of personal attacks either

On 1/25/2021 at 11:12 AM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

It's very much not. I know others are already telling you this but really, come on.

Imperial transport from Mandalorian with unknown designation.

jMxqLxc.png

AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport used by the First Order.

I9ttybD.png

theyve changed almost every ship shown in Mandolorean, from the Gozanti to the Arquitens. Even the Tie fighters are a little different, even from scene to scene. its artistic license until they specify otherwise

16 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

theyve changed almost every ship shown in Mandolorean, from the Gozanti to the Arquitens. Even the Tie fighters are a little different, even from scene to scene. its artistic license until they specify otherwise

No this is clearly two different ships.