Deadeye Shot + Slave 1

By player655164, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Are you able to use Deadeye shot to change a [crit] result to a [hit] result, and then use Slave 1's ability to change the [hit result] back into a [crit] result? I have in mind situations in which you have two crit results already, and you use the Deadeye shot to expose their damage card, while also using Slave 1's ability to still get 2 crit results on the attack.

Deadeye shot reads, " While you perform a primary attack, if the defender is in your [bullseye] , you may spend 1 [hit] result or change 1 [crit] result to a [hit] result. If you do, the defender exposes 1 of its damage cards."

Slave 1 reads, "While you perform a [front arc] attack, if you are in the defender's [back half] , you may change 1 [hit] result to a [crit] result.

Theorically you cannot modify the same dice twice.

However, if you score a hit and a crit on a roll, I think you can put your crit to a hit for deadeye, and the hit to a crit with the title. IMO.

Yes, this works.

RR page 10:

Although dice can be modified by multiple effects, each die cannot be rerolled more than once.

You can also do the reverse and roll a hit, turn it to a crit with Slave-1, then turn the crit back to a hit with Deadeye Shot.

Edited by Something Wicked
3 minutes ago, Something Wicked said:

Yes, this works.

RR page 10:

You can also do the reverse and roll a hit, turn it to a crit with Slave-1, then turn the crit back to a hit with Deadeye Shot.

Yes. This is what I was thinking. I know that you cannot reroll the same die twice, but I wasn't sure how many times you are allowed to modify the same die twice...

To add to the wonkiness, I actually have in mind a strategy where I use Count Dooku to turn a blank into a crit, then use deadeye shot to change said crit into a hit, then use Slave 1 to turn that hit back into a crit... (allthewhile using Autoblasters to force the crits through)

9 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

However, if you score a hit and a crit on a roll, I think you can put your crit to a hit for deadeye, and the hit to a crit with the title. IMO.

Is there a reason you cannot modify the same die twice?

Just now, player655164 said:

(or three times for that matter....)

5 minutes ago, player655164 said:

No, there is not. You absolutely can modify a single die result twice.

15 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

That's not quite accurate.

You can't *reroll* a die more than once, except with Han Solo whose reroll doesn't count as a reroll.

Dice can be modified multiple times with different effects, however. You can reroll a die, land on an "eye" result, and spend a focus token to turn it to a "hit", for example.

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

No, there is not. You absolutely can modify a single die result twice.

That's not quite accurate.

You can't *reroll* a die more than once, except with Han Solo whose reroll doesn't count as a reroll.

Dice can be modified multiple times with different effects, however. You can reroll a die, land on an "eye" result, and spend a focus token to turn it to a "hit", for example.

and can you modify a die once to gain a benefit (such as with Deadeye Shot) and then re-modify it to its original result (for example, with Slave 1).

ok my bad

40 minutes ago, player655164 said:

and can you modify a die once to gain a benefit (such as with Deadeye Shot) and then re-modify it to its original result (for example, with Slave 1).

Yes, as @Something Wicked said.