Evade action vs. Vehicles in Horror in High Gear (no spoilers)

By Krysmopompas, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

All I can say is that this one is a fun scenario.

Without spoiling anything major (everyone knows that Vehicles are a part of this campaign anyway), I did have trouble finding out about evading enemies in this one.

My investigator was in my vehicle, with an enemy vehicle card in the same location. Fighting seems to make sense - just do it. But evading I could use some help with.

Without getting out of your vehicle, can you evade an enemy vehicle card in the same location as you (or even with Bait And Switch (3), in a connecting location)?

Thanks for any help

I don't expect to get Horror in High Gear for at least another week or so, so I don't know if they've changed anything, but per the Vehicle rules in Devil Reef, I don't see why not. The enemies should engage you as normal, letting you evade them, which would leave them exhausted at the vehicle's location.

2 hours ago, rsdockery said:

I don't expect to get Horror in High Gear for at least another week or so, so I don't know if they've changed anything, but per the Vehicle rules in Devil Reef, I don't see why not. The enemies should engage you as normal, letting you evade them, which would leave them exhausted at the vehicle's location.

Hey thanks, I’m trying to wrap my head around a distinction between evading a monster and evading a monster driving a car. Seems like it would be a different thing when I’m in my own car especially as a passenger but maybe not!

3 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

Hey thanks, I’m trying to wrap my head around a distinction between evading a monster and evading a monster driving a car. Seems like it would be a different thing when I’m in my own car especially as a passenger but maybe not!

So funny. I haven’t received mine either, but unless they have given some additional instructions in the setup or on the Act or Agenda cards, evade would be as per normal. I have thought that it would be awesome to suddenly find Skids O’ Droole on a street corner begging for a ride...

Edited by Mimi61
22 hours ago, Krysmopompas said:

From what we've seen, it's a two-investigator-per-car limit. Thus, an enemy car engaged with the driver has pulled up to the left side of your car, while one engaged with a passenger has pulled up to the right side.

We can therefore conclude that "evading" a car as a passenger just means you reach over and yank on the steering wheel, ramming the enemy off the road.

Yeah it is a limit of 2 per car.