Mount price and Unicorn warhorse

By FelixFenix, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

How do you commission a horse in your campaign? You have to pay for it? If so how much? Or do just fill paperwork and that’s it?

I will like to know for an Unicorn character who trains in another Clan School and will like to have a Unicorn warhorse.

Now looking from the opposite perspective, if you’re a non Unicorn who trains in an Unicorn School (Not in the Battle Maiden School) do you get a Unicorn warhorse or the Unicorn provides you a Rokugani Pony?

Using the price from 4th edition (which seems to be the same price used for everything else on 5th edition), a Rokugani pony would be around 25 koku, a Unicorn warhorse around 75 koku and a Utaku battle horse 250 koku if you had to put a price on it. If I were to assign rarity to those, a pony would be 6, a Unicorn warhorse around 9 and a Utaku battle horse, I guess, I would put it at 16, I guess.

Thank you very much!

A trained warhorse should certainly be on par with a finely crafted sword, so I'd agree. I'd largely ignore any suggestion of value for an Utaku steed, though: they're something you only get via role-playing and can never just 'buy'.