Octopods

By Dazgrim, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I'm looking for an octopus/mermaid like alien. I want a crimeboss for a waterworks that is similar to Ursula from Disney's the Little Mermaid.

I think there's something in the EU somewhere, but my memory and google-fu are both failing me.

Help me Obi-Wan you're my only hope.

If you just want the cosmetics of tentacles on an amphibian humanoid, the Nautolan from the Force and Destiny core will work fine.

Theres the Melodies from Yavin 8, though they're pretty standard merfolk. However they appear to be largely water-breathers after the age of 20. I mean, a reverse-breather mask and boom problem solved, but still.

As always, its a big galaxy with many planets having little to no information on them, there's no reason you can't add a race, or some kind of genetic experiment character.

You also might have a character with cybernetic tentacles instead of legs. Darth Maul ended up as a robot spider beneath the waste for a while, just make those legs more flexible, and boom you are an octo-borg.

Nothing immediately comes to mind.

Why don't you just make one up? Or just use the Hanar from the Mass Effect conversion over on the Genesys forum.

Edited by micheldebruyn
9 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

Nothing immediately comes to mind.

Why don't you just make one up? Or just use the Hanar from the Mass Effect conversion over on the Genesys forum.

I will check out the Hanar conversion, but am very happy to make stuff up statswise. It was more checking the knowledge base of the hivemind to see if such a race already exists.

They're not really Octopi, but I do like the look of the Feeorin . But they aren't actually original either. They mostly look like jacked Nautolan to me.