Tie Heavy ideas

By Rubales, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Hi!

Santa Claus brought me a new Tie Heavy, but I'm afraid I have no idea about how to fly or match it 😣

Have you tested it in any list that may be worth trying?

Rampage and tractor beam is fun.

I saw some ideas for rampage and a sloane swarm, but I don't know if anybody has found any other interesting archetype for a single tie heavy...

if you like salads...

Scarif Base Pilot (39) Emperor Palpatine (11) Ship total: 50 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 4

Maarek Stele (45) Ruthless (1) Fire-Control System (2) Ship total: 48 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 3

Grand Inquisitor (52) Proton Rockets (5) Ship total: 57 Half Points: 29 Threshold: 2

Onyx Squadron Sentry (36) Synced Laser Cannons (6) Target-Assist MGK-300 (3) Ship total: 45 Half Points: 23 Threshold: 4

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z186XW29WY174X128W113WWY169XWW102Y417XW354WWWW356&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Tried this from a friends recommendation:

Rampage with Intimidation, Tractor Beam, Maneuver Assist

x4 Tempest TIE X1 with passive sensors.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:09 AM, Manolox said:

if you like salads...

Scarif Base Pilot (39) Emperor Palpatine (11) Ship total: 50 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 4

Maarek Stele (45) Ruthless (1) Fire-Control System (2) Ship total: 48 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 3

Grand Inquisitor (52) Proton Rockets (5) Ship total: 57 Half Points: 29 Threshold: 2

Onyx Squadron Sentry (36) Synced Laser Cannons (6) Target-Assist MGK-300 (3) Ship total: 45 Half Points: 23 Threshold: 4

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z186XW29WY174X128W113WWY169XWW102Y417XW354WWWW356&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Is ruthless worthy in list? I always have some doubts with that card... How do you fly this list?

4 hours ago, wurms said:

Tried this from a friends recommendation:

Rampage with Intimidation, Tractor Beam, Maneuver Assist

x4 Tempest TIE X1 with passive sensors.

It's an interesting one, bit I'm afraid I only own two tie X1 😔

4 hours ago, Rubales said:

It's an interesting one, bit I'm afraid I only own two tie X1 😔

That is a problem with an easy solution :)

11 hours ago, Rubales said:

Is ruthless worthy in list? I always have some doubts with that card... How do you fly this list?

i can say yes.... you have reaper and brute (8 hp each one) to eventually trigger truthless.

obviously is better if palpatine survive so you will use ruthless expecially on brute and occasionally on palp reaper

maarek with ruthless and palpatine is very good. he is free to lock counting on palp to eventually double mod attack dices or mod defence dices if he is under enemy fire (palp resolve the x1 dilemma to lock or focus when you engage) .

rithless can gives maarek an attack triple modded (it works on blanks yes) or the possibility to save palp for defence.

so he will be very consistent in attack

and don't forget that he also change one hit in one crit, can chose the crit and has got fcs to save locks for the next turn...

for the rest:

in the list there are also :

grand inquisitor with prorokets (to scare high hp ships/anyone falls in the bullseye) and sinked las cannon/targetassistant on brute to double mod the attacks.

maybe is not a super competitive liste but i think it's consistent and fun and has got only 1 brute as requested by our friend.

Edited by Manolox

Sounds cool!

I had thought replacing Inquisitor with Echo, to have a more 'impredictible' ship, something like this:

TIE Reaper: Scarif Base Pilot (39 + 11)
+ Emperor Palpatine (11)
TIE Advanced x1: Maarek Stele (45 + 3)
+ Ruthless (1)
+ Fire-Control System (2)
TIE/rb Heavy: Onyx Squadron Sentry (36 + 9)
+ Synced Laser Cannons (6)
+ Target-Assist MGK-300 (3)
TIE/ph Phantom: "Echo" (51 + 6)
+ Collision Detector (6)

Echo maybe is less scaring than Inq with proton rockets, but could become a headache for the opponent, what do you think?

Edited by Rubales
8 hours ago, Rubales said:

Sounds cool!

I had thought replacing Inquisitor with Echo, to have a more 'impredictible' ship, something like this:

TIE Reaper: Scarif Base Pilot (39 + 11)
+ Emperor Palpatine (11)
TIE Advanced x1: Maarek Stele (45 + 3)
+ Ruthless (1)
+ Fire-Control System (2)
TIE/rb Heavy: Onyx Squadron Sentry (36 + 9)
+ Synced Laser Cannons (6)
+ Target-Assist MGK-300 (3)
TIE/ph Phantom: "Echo" (51 + 6)
+ Collision Detector (6)

Echo maybe is less scaring than Inq with proton rockets, but could become a headache for the opponent, what do you think?

i prefere grand inquisitor because of proton rockets, no bid, durability and initiative 5 (that is the same of maarek and is higher than the echo one)

to me is confortable (expecially in a salad) that some piece in the list have same initiative to move them in the order you prefere.

Another thing to consider is that, if you fly maarek, having another i5(g.inq) that fires before you stripping shields to enemies is important to land deadly crits at first engagement.

but this is my opinion.

echo is a really cool and fun ship and if you prefere him to g.inq. there is no reason you can't fly him.

Edited by Manolox