Anakin ETA-2 Actis Pilot Ability

By Qui-Jan, in X-Wing Rules Questions

After you or a friendly Obi-Wan Kenobi ship at range 0-3 executes a maneuver, if there are more enemy ships than other friendly ships at range 0-1 of that ship, you may spend 1 Force token. If you do, that ship removes 1 red token of your choice.

If Anakin does a Red Maneuver and meets all requirements, can he use the Force token to remove the Stress token from the move. Then perform an action on his bar?

I'm just trying to understand if this falls under the Ability Queue and how it works.

Anakin Executes a Red Maneuver checks difficulty Stress token given. He meets his Pilot ability and may Spend 1 Force token to remove 1 Red token of your choice. Pilot Ability ends, ship checks for Stress, can perform a Standard Action on his bar or "ACTION:" on one of his Condition, Damage or Upgrade Cards.

Is this correct?

that's 100% correct, yes. since it's just a single ability, you don't even need to worry about the ability queue.

Capture.png

anakin's ability triggers and can be resolved after executing a maneuver, before the perform action step.

That's what I thought on how it worked.

Tangentially related... as I read this, even if it's Obi-Wan that is the ship that's maneuvering, it's still Anakin who spends force, right?

2 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Tangentially related... as I read this, even if it's Obi-Wan that is the ship that's maneuvering, it's still Anakin who spends force, right?

since the card text is on anakin's card - and the card says you may spend a force, it's definitely anakin that spends the force, yeah.

Also - if Anakin has only a single enemy ship in range 0-1 of himsefl, does that mean that he can use his ability? Or is there a need to have at least 2 enemy ships in range 0-1?

The ship is not friendly to itself, correct?

1 hour ago, Jedu said:

Also - if Anakin has only a single enemy ship in range 0-1 of himsefl, does that mean that he can use his ability? Or is there a need to have at least 2 enemy ships in range 0-1?

The ship is not friendly to itself, correct?

Ships are friendly to themselves, however his ability says "... other friendly ships..."