Coercion and Conflict

By CloudyLemonade92, in Game Masters

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

With that second statement, you just associated half the country with an extremely small fringe. That's why @whafrog said don't bring up politics right now.

An "extremely small fringe" took over the Republic. An "extremely small fringe" just successfully breached the American Capitol while Congress was in session.

3 hours ago, whafrog said:

There are parallels, but that's not the point. The point is you don't have to flop out every opinion you have wherever you go. When I'm on a stock board, we talk about stocks; on a photography board we talk about equipment and composition. This board is about a game and how to run it. If you can't respect boundaries, then you're no better than the people you're mad at.

Oh don't "both sides" me on this. There are a group of people with a clear disrespect for the rule of law attempting to undermine American democracy. Compartmentalizing by saying "Well, on this board, they're not conspiracy-gobbling insurrectionists, they're just Star Wars fans." is exactly the problem . We tolerate them and allow them to grow.

The trick is here: you can ignore politics all you want, wherever you go, all day every day. Politics on the other hand, will not ignore you .

That's my point, my ONLY point and I'll be done with it now.

11 minutes ago, False God said:

An "extremely small fringe" took over the Republic. An "extremely small fringe" just successfully breached the American Capitol while Congress was in session.

Oh don't "both sides" me on this. There are a group groups of people persons with a clear disrespect for the rule of law attempting to undermine American democracy. Compartmentalizing by saying "Well, on this board, they're not conspiracy-gobbling insurrectionists, they're just Star Wars fans." is exactly the problem . We tolerate them and allow them to grow.

The trick is here: you can ignore politics all you want, wherever you go, all day every day. Politics on the other hand, will not ignore you .

That's my point, my ONLY point and I'll be done with it now.