Is this dumb? CIS Jango & Sun

By Archangelspiv, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I don’t like to fly 2 ship lists, but I cannot fit anything else in pretty much.

New Squadron

(79) Jango Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(4) Zam Wesell
(4) Proton Bombs
(6) Boba Fett
(3) Contraband Cybernetics
(6) Shield Upgrade
(6) Outmaneuver
(3) Slave I

(45) Sun Fac [Nantex-class Starfighter]
(24) Ensnare
(2) Predator

Total points: 182

Bid is unintentional, but if I was going to get a vulture, I would want min 2. Zam is there for bonus shots, boba for soft mods, outmanoeuvre because I had points and int 6 boost could make it happen.

Couldn't you lighten jango up enough to get your second vulture?

He is pretty fat

16 minutes ago, ForrestGrump said:

Couldn't you lighten jango up enough to get your second vulture?

He is pretty fat

If I drop down to just Title, boba and Zam, whole thing comes in at 163

I don’t think Jango can go naked like some I6’s can.

Edited by Archangelspiv

I do see your point

And I don't play seperatists so take this with a grain of salt .. is ensnare that much of a deal breaker for you?

Not at all, I was bored at home and thought would 2 I6’s work in the faction formerly known as Swarm. I haven’t played it at all and can’t test it on fly casual yet.
Was just curious if people smarter than I had any ideas

Edited by Archangelspiv

Lighten up Jango. I think Dooku, Outmaneuver, and FTC is a good start. I would definately want a force crew for two ships cuz you will be boosting alot with Jango and want some mods.

Jango Fett (79)
Outmaneuver (6)
Count Dooku (10)
False Transponder Codes (2)

Sun Fac (45)
Ensnare (24)

34pts left gets you a decent support third like a Hyena with bombs, or a naked Gorgol, etc.

Techno Union Bomber (25)
Ion Missiles (2)
Concussion Bombs (4)
Total: 197

Cheers @wurms , I think subconsciously I was trying to avoid Scum Boba in the CIS faction, ie Force crew etc. But you’re right, with Pilot ability and force, it should help with decreasing incoming hits, plus of course not being shot at helps too.

I was looking at a TriFighter, but they were too expensive, I think the Hyena’s a good choice, Ion could make things a lot easier for the 6’s.

Edited by Archangelspiv
27 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

Cheers @wurms , I think subconsciously I was trying to avoid Scum Boba in the CIS faction, ie Force crew etc. But you’re right, with Pilot ability and force, it should help with decreasing incoming hits, plus of course not being shot at helps too.

I was looking at a TriFighter, but they were too expensive, I think the Hyena’s a good choice, Ion could make things a lot easier for the 6’s.

If you can get to 39pts (Outmaneuver off Jango?), Berwer Kret with predator is a nice piece. I just flew him with two i5 Tri-Fighters and Darth Maul and he put in a lot of work as the least threatening of the ships. Or even a petranaki ace with predator at 37 I think can work here, as its another acey type ship versus generic stuff. Chertek could work off Sun Facs ensnare as well. Could be good combo.

In a two ship list I would definitely take Lone Wolf over Outmaneuver. It means that with Dooku there's a soft double mod on defence or attack. This is the best Sun Fac/Jango list I've played with so far. Dooku gives you a lot of tricks - guaranteeing crits for your opponents on Thermals, allowing you to fly over asteroids to get out of a type spot knowing you'll get a blank, etc. - and it's surprising how often Boba triggers with the front and back arcs available.

( 79) Jango Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(10) Count Dooku
(3) Thermal Detonators
(6) Boba Fett
(2) False Transponder Codes
(6) Shield Upgrade
(5) Lone Wolf
(3) Slave I

(45) Sun Fac [Nantex-class Starfighter]
(24) Ensnare
(2) Predator

Total points: 185