Quick question on the Superior Quality

By AceSolo5, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hi,

I was reading through my EotE Core rules last night & looking at item qualities. Whilst most of them make total sense (even after too much cider), I was wondering what the point of having Superior Armour was?? For weapons, the quality makes sense, each roll to hit generates an automatic advantage... all good! But for armour?? There's no roll to avoid being hit... so what actual advantage does it give you? I can see no mention that it improves Soak or increases the Armour rating.

Has the cider made me miss something??

Cheers!

A Superior item is a sterling example of its kind, representing masterful craftsmanship. A Superior weapon generates automatic O on all checks related to its use, and has its base damage increased by one. Superior armor has its encumbrance reduced by one and its soak value increased by one.

Emphasis added by me, ECRB p157

Edited by Rimsen

Many thanks Rimsen... Have to admit I didn't spot the bit about encumbrance & soak, I will re-read that section prior to opening the cider tonight 😂 I'm not too worried about the encumbrance side of things as we tend to waive that but extra soak is handy!!