Ninjutsu Replacement

By FelixFenix, in Rules Questions

It is possible to replace a Ninjutsu technique from your curriculum? I’m asking because there were schools that were published before of Courts of Stone that could benefit from the Ninjutsu from the CoS book.

11 minutes ago, FelixFenix said:

It is possible to replace a Ninjutsu technique from your curriculum? I’m asking because there were schools that were published before of Courts of Stone that could benefit from the Ninjutsu from the CoS book.

RAW, the answer would be no. Of course, we can see how certain schools would work better with access to certain techniques from other books. Then again, your gaming group, your rules, so...

Yeah... I think I can see house ruling this to allow a player to replace a Ninjutsu technique of the same rank.

The game does tell you to adjust such things to fit your table, so yeah, go for it!

There was a thread where I was seeing which original schools had techniques from later books that would fit them better. Switching around ninjutsu techs was definitely one reason. I might need to go and find that and rescue it

Since there are no shinobi schools that do not have access to all 4 ninjutzu techniques in the core rulebook, we decided that shinobi have access to all ninjutzu and should keep that access. So all schools with the shinobi tag get Ninjutzu as an added "Techniques available" at my table. A house-rule, of course.