Strain, Stress, Deplete

By "Quickdraw", in X-Wing Rules Questions

So my question is, when a ship is strained, stressed and depleted and performs a blue maneuver, it loses all of them right?, on the other hand, if it has 2 of any of them and performs a blue maneuver, it only loses 1 and the other one stays?(mainly asking for this Ej: Rampage double strains an initiative 6 and then that other pilot performs a blue maneuver, it will still be strained at least for the first attack I make. And if it doesn't perform a blue maneuver it would mean that I could attack him twice with 1 less agility?)
Also, what happens when you perform a red maneuver while strained or depleted?

Thanks

Adding a more personal question, are this (sort of) new, strain and deplete tokens dynamics worth it? Do they really change the game, do they make it better, or are they really situational? I appreciate the opinions.

Essentially, a blue maneuver removes 1 stress token, 1 strain, and 1 deplete. That means if you have a full set (stress/strain/deplete), one blue move removes all three... but if you have a stack of one type of token (say 3 stress), you only remove one of them.

As far as "are they worth it?" The question is best answered with two other questions: How bad would it be for your squad to gain those tokens? How good would it be to see your opponents with them? Deplete tokens can make offensive powerhouses ineffective, and Strain can make agile ships more susceptible to less accurate shots. Against particularly beefy ships, Strain can sometimes negate defense dice entirely, preventing almost any modifiers from being used. On the flip side, Strain doesn't matter if you're not being attacked - a fact that ships like Major Vonreg use to their advantage. And Deplete doesn't matter much if you're not shooting, and were planning to clear it later anyway with a blue move.

1 hour ago, "Quickdraw" said:

So my question is, when a ship is strained, stressed and depleted and performs a blue maneuver, it loses all of them right?

One of each, yes.

RR pg 14

If the maneuver is blue, the ship removes one stress token and one strain token and one deplete token .

if it has 2 of any of them and performs a blue maneuver, it only loses 1 and the other one stays?

Correct. It only removes One of each stress, strain, deplete.

(mainly asking for this Ej: Rampage double strains an initiative 6 and then that other pilot performs a blue maneuver, it will still be strained at least for the first attack I make.

Correct, if no other abilities allow them to remove it, it will be strained for its first defense.

And if it doesn't perform a blue maneuver it would mean that I could attack him twice with 1 less agility?)

Correct. RR pg 20

After a strained ship applies the effect to roll 1 fewer defense die this way, it removes 1 strain token

Keeping in mind, that the effect doesnt stack. The strain token is a binary condition. If strained, roll 1 fewer defense die. The game doesnt care how *much* the ship is strained (for its standard effect). Only if it is, or is not.

Also, what happens when you perform a red maneuver while strained or depleted?

You gain a stress token, and move on. If you are asking if there are effects of performing a red maneuver due to being strained or depleted, no. Nothing happens. Stress is the only one that cares if you perform a red maneuver with its condition.

strain and deplete tokens dynamics worth it? Do they really change the game, do they make it better, or are they really situational? I appreciate the opinions.

This is going to depend on each person and their play style. I personally haven't used it much or had it used against me much. But i can see the utility in it. I do however think that FFG puts more weight behind them than they actually have.