Just learned about Alex Davy

By Attackmack, in Star Wars: Armada

In liu of Asmodee dismantling and erasing FFG from the world, I just learned about Alex Davy and the digusting way Asmodee treated him.

I just cant put into words how much I hate Asmodee...There just isnt a single redeeming thing about them and what they do.

Im pretty much done with all of this, will be selling everything I have for the various games and try my best to never look back.

And I cant even blame this on Corona, there is only that disgusting company to blame.

May I ask about what you read?

1 minute ago, SithLrd88 said:

May I ask about what you read?

How they fired him, without warning or reason, didnt even offer him to follow on to AMG to continue working on the games hes been involved with for so long...

🙄

You should take a day away to just think about it. How does their termination of FFG and its staff personally affect you? It is a business, and they will do as they see fit to keep themselves afloat. I can't say how accurate these details from the terminations are, we have only heard one side, no? Even if they went down exactly how it has been narrated which is pretty sad, but unfortunately the way things are done sometimes, how does it impact you so much you are willing to sell off all your plastic?

I ask because remember, it wasn't asmodee who made this game,it was the fine folks of FFG, and it was their products,their ideas and hard work put into it. Asmodee was just another holding company acquiring a business they were looking to make money off. I get people think what they 'may' have done was ****, I agree too if the full truth, but this reaction doesn't really do anything to punish Asmodee or show discontent by selling off games you love that were the brain child of the employees that you deemed have been horribly wronged.

I don't mean this as an attack on you, I just fail to understand what this does at all other than deprive you of enjoyment from a fantastic product made by the people you support.

Also, isn't AMG based in Seattle? It may have been that Davy didn't want to move out to Seattle, so ANA cut him, as there's no role for him at FFG anymore, as they're going to be moving full-time to card games.

Does it suck? Yes, but with a repertoire of successful games, he'll land on his feet wherever he decides to go.

Welcome to corporate America. Such a great feeling to be hired as an "at will" employee...which means the employer can let you go at any time, without reason, and no advance notice.

Yet, overpaid executives are protected with golden parachutes. I would hope Alex was paid a decent severance...but that is up to the company and not guaranteed.

None of this suprises me. Exactly what I expected upon hearing when Asmodee purchased FFG some time ago...