Foot Speeder?

By player5767340, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

For a game I'm getting ready for to play the mechanic/pilot of the group I was told about a foot speeder that is basically a hoverboard. However I don't know where to find it.

Endless Vigil

Here's a 'personal transport' summary I put together a couple of years ago:

1. Jet Pack
    1. Edge of the Empire, p181 (183)
    2. Price: 4,500 credits, Rarity: 7, Encumbrance: 2
    3. A jet pack allows a person to function as a Silhouette 1, Speed 2, Handling 0, System Strain Threshold 3 vehicle that can only operate in atmosphere, and requires Piloting (Planetary) to operate.
      1. Comments: the most expensive of these options, but has top scores in speed, handling, and encumbrance.
  2. Rocket Boots
    1. No Disintegrations, p53 (54)
    2. Price: 2,500 credits, Rarity: 8, Encumbrance: 2
    3. Rocket boots enable a person to function as a Silhouette 1, Speed 1, Handling -3, System Strain Threshold 3 vehicle that can only operate in atmosphere, and requires Piloting (Planetary) to operate. At the end of the each round of activation, the rocket boots suffer 1 system strain as their fuel depletes.
      1. Comments: Significantly cheaper than the Jet Pack, but with reduced speed, extremely poor handling and an extremely limited flight duration. More expensive than the next two options, but offers the advantage of an unlimited ceiling.
  3. Aratech R82 Jump Boots
    1. Strongholds of Resistance, p115 (111)
    2. Price: 2,000 credits, Rarity: 6, Encumbrance: 2
    3. Jump boots allow the user to function as a SilhouĀ­ette 1, Speed 2, Handling -1, System Strain Threshold 3 vehicle that can only operate in atmosphere, has a maximum altitude of 35 meters, and requires Piloting (Planetary) to operate.
      1. Comments: Significantly cheaper than the Jet Pack, this option has slightly worse handling and limited altitude (though 35m isn't exactly horrible).
  4. Foot Speeder
    1. Endless Vigil, p50 (50)
    2. Price: 2,000 credits, Rarity: 4, Encumbrance: 4
    3. Foot speeders are constructed around a repulsorlift pad large enough for a single being to stand upon, with a steering vane extending up that doubles as a support for the occupant to hold onto. A foot speeder allows a person to function as a SilhouĀ­ette 1, Speed 1, Handling -1, System Strain Threshold 4 vehicle that can only operate in atmosphere and requires Piloting (Planetary) to operate. It has a flight ceiling of 5 meters.
      1. Comments: The only reasons I can see to take this option instead of the Jump Boots is easier availability and the option to just step off it once you arrive at your destination to avoid any encumbrance.
  5. Armored Drop Suit
    1. No Disintegrations, p49 (49)
    2. Price: 7,500 credits, Rarity: 7, Encumbrance: 6
    3. Armor (Defense 1, Soak 1, Hard Points 2)
    4. Armored drop suits are a type of light laminate body armor constructed around a powerful repulsorlift unit, allowing the wearer to fly between firing positions or spots of cover, or to rain down attacks from above. The arrangement of fabric and composite plating of the armor in such suits minimizes air resistance and improves maneuverability, while still offering respect able protection against incoming fire. As a maneuver, the wearer of an armored drop suit can engage his flight systems to function as a Silhouette 0, Speed 2, Handling + 2, System Strain Threshold 3 vehicle that; requires Piloting (Planetary) to operate. Further, while the flight systems are engaged and the wearer is conscious to guide himself down, he does not suffer damage from falling.
      1. Comments: Okay, forgot this armor existed, and it is actually has much better handling than the Jet Pack while matching its speed. The downsides are the higher cost, rarity, encumbrance, and the fact that it also fills your Armor slot with an otherwise somewhat mediocre suit (remember that Defense does not stack from multiple sources).
      2. I'm assuming the 'Silhouette 0' is a mistake, as the suit presumably doesn't shrink Silhouette 1 characters.

Edited by Ominovin

There are also some jetpacks in Collapse of the Republic, including a Mando jetpack.

Ah Thank you. Dunno if I want to be Marty Mcfly or Mario Mario. Jetpacks make a lot of noise.

2 hours ago, player5767340 said:

Ah Thank you. Dunno if I want to be Marty Mcfly or Mario Mario. Jetpacks make a lot of noise.

Be Mario Mcfly.

"It'sa me, Mario! Don'ta calla me chicken!"

Foot speeder sounds more like a scooter or those bigwheeled mall-guard things.

It has a steering vane standing out of it.

So did the hoverboard in B2F2.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, atama2 said:

Be Mario Mcfly.

"It'sa me, Mario! Don'ta calla me chicken!"

1: That was hilarious.

2: I did not notice/pay attention to the fact that this game has hoverboards. I am ssooooooo going to have my party have to deal with a bunch of hoverboard-riding thugs.

3 minutes ago, False God said:

1: That was hilarious.

2: I did not notice/pay attention to the fact that this game has hoverboards. I am ssooooooo going to have my party have to deal with a bunch of hoverboard-riding thugs.

Cue Biff the Klatooinian gang leader who calls everyone "buttheads".

29820965096_b50a33626b.jpg

Yeah, looks like really their only problem is no hard points... normally. But I do have to wonder if you can...

INTUITIVE IMPROVEMENT
When making check to craft or repair item, may add C up to Force rating. Spend F F to increase hard points by 1, to a maximum of +2.

5 hours ago, player5767340 said:

Yeah, looks like really their only problem is no hard points... normally. But I do have to wonder if you can...

That only works on items , not vehicles or ships. This is explicitly spelled out in the long text for the talent. It must be a non-vehicle, non-starship item.