After the Forums are Gone

By drainsmith, in Genesys

My first effort to save things is going to be the grab the files for everything linked in the Master Resources thread. Anything in there I'm going to take as permission to re-host the latest version available. If there is a link to external hosting (OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) I will provide the link as well as the latest file available. I won't be updating on my own. If you have anything in that list and don't want it hosted by me, please let me know. If your file updates at some time in the future and would like me to update it, please let me know. If you ever want it taken out of there, please let me know.

Everything will be available in the Community Content section of my Dropbox Dispensary. Each item gets its own folder named for the title and author (as best as I can determine). I will only get things that can be downloaded. I won't be trying to scrape disparate comments in threads or trying to get gmbinder to work.

Additionally, I'll be taking @DarthDude 's FAQ thread and hosting it in my Dropbox. I'm going to look at seeing what needs updated from the last version of the PDF he posted and also redoing the layout for it to match official Genesys styling.

If there is anything else you believe absolutely needs to be saved, please let me know. My dropbox link will be available for as long as I'm alive and probably for a while after that.

There are plenty of other places you can go to talk about Genesys and share files. I know not everyone likes these, but they work well for what they are and keep us going until Edge spins up their own forum.

[DrainSmith's Dropbox Dispensary of Genesys]

[Facebook Group]

[Discord Server]

[Subreddit]

[MeWe]

[Twitter]

Edited by drainsmith
some more

Lots of Dispensary changes and updates. Added as many items from the forums as I could. Added Developer Questions doc (former FAQ thread).

There are a handful of things that are just posts, websites, google docs, homebrewery, or gm binder. I'm not bothering with these things. If you are the owners of those things, please create a pdf of your doc and submit it to me for inclusion.

An effort to save the FAQ thread should probably be made. There are some answered questions there that might be worth saving, seeing as we don't know what the method to get information from Edge will be. (The same could be applied to the SWRPG forums as well, but there's a ton more there.)

Yeah, I already did that.

Oh yeah, I see where you wrote that now.