Desert Terrain

By SSGClark, in Terrain Building

Hey oh great minds. I have been building a desert table. I am looking for some insight on scatter terrain. I wanted some sort of trees other than palm trees. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Cacti for the other kind of tree perhaps. Other than that, rock spires, dunes, tents and camp accessories may work well.

Craft stores will often sell small fake succulents that can pass as large agave-like plants at Legion scale. The craft stores are in Christmas mode right now so you'll have a better bet in the spring/summer

I have found some decent fake plants in the Craft Section at Walmart. Right now the three around me all have this plant with a purple spike that works as both tropical or alien desert succulent.

Well, since it's star wars you can have any kind of alien plant you want. Some other desert plants would be joshua trees, acacia, baobab, etc. Where I live we have lots of brush. Don't forget animal skeletons, caves, wrecked starships, temples, roaming livestock, oasis/river, or even something that doesn't belong like a manufactured base or power plant.

Plastic/silicone "plants" designed to go in aquariums can often be repurposed as wild-looking alien flora. It can be a little pricy, but is often fairly durable in my experience.