Crane regent?

By Harzerkatze, in Lore Discussion

More generally, the Chancellor would, by custom, ordinarily become the Regent. Of course, the Emperor may dictate otherwise, and that's what happened here--Hantei Jodan named Shoju as Daisetsu's Regent. In Shoju's absence, and lacking any other direction, the position defaults back to the Chancellor, Yoshi (which, if you think about it, gives every incentive for an ambitious Chancellor to do their level best to undermine a Regent and get them ejected from the position!)

Edited by DGLaderoute

Right at the moment, there aren't many other options anyway - the Imperial Advisor is missing (something Yoshi wouldn't hesitate to reveal if needed) and both Jewelled Champions have resigned their offices. Yoshi is basically the only Imperial official left standing (except Miya Satoshi), and - as far as we know - Shoju was the only clan champion in the capital.

Edited by Magnus Grendel
12 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Right at the moment, there aren't many other options anyway - the Imperial Advisor is missing (something Yoshi wouldn't hesitate to reveal if needed) and both Jewelled Champions have resigned their offices. Yoshi is basically the only Imperial official left standing (except Miya Satoshi), and - as far as we know - Shoju was the only clan champion in the capital.

That's a good point. Where are the Clan Champions (and claimants, I suppose)?

• Crab - Kisada was last seen in Kuni Castle, I think?
  • Crane - Hotaru is in Toshi Ranbo. Kuwanan is with Uji?
  • Dragon - Yokuni is in the High House of Light.
  • Lion - Tsuko was in Kyuden Kakita when it blew up. Toturi is no longer claiming it?
  • Phoenix - Tsukune is around, I suppose? Last seen months ago. [Although, wasn't she involved in spiriting an Imperial Prince away during the other Scorpion Clan Coup?]
  • Scorpion - Shoju is under house arrested in Otosan Uchi.
  • Unicorn - Altansarnai is at large across the Lion - Unicorn front.

And, because I'm a completionist and have the info

• Centipede - Chiasa is in Shiro Moshi.
  • Deer - Renji is presumably in Kyuden Shika?
  • Falcon - Hatsue is presumably in Shiro Toritaka?
  • Fox - Gohei was seen in Kyuden Kitsune.
  • Hare - Tsukiko is plotting with a tsukai in Hiruma Hare lands.
  • Mantis - Yoritomo went back to Shiro Gotei?
  • Wasp - Tsuruchi exists.
On 12/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Crane - Hotaru is in Toshi Ranbo. Kuwanan is with Uji?

Kuwanan WAS with Uji. At the end of A Night Storm Rages, he left Uji, apparently to return a Lion samurai's swords to his family, and then to head to Toshi Ranbo to confront his sister. Uji stayed at Kyuden Kakita and, well, kinda blew it up.