Alter-Ego Questions

By player3882113, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Hello Everyone,

1. Can an Alter-Ego be stunned or confused? There are some cards that surface in which the card simply says "you are stunned? Does this mean both Hero and Alter-Ego?

2. In Alter-Ego, I received an encounter card that said, "the villain attacks you." Does this mean that I take damage as an Alter-Ego without the ability to defend?

Thanks for your help!

Ron

1. Yes, you are stunned regardless of whether you are in Hero or Alter-Ego form.

2. Yes, you would take damage in Alter-Ego form.

If a card mentions Hero or Alter-Ego form then it only applies if you are in that form.

For example, Assault has a When Revealed (Hero) effect which would only apply if you are in Hero form. The Shocker minion has the text "Deal 1 damage to each hero" so if you are in Alter-Ego form you would ignore this damage.

On 12/18/2020 at 1:46 AM, player3882113 said:

Hello Everyone,

1. Can an Alter-Ego be stunned or confused? There are some cards that surface in which the card simply says "you are stunned? Does this mean both Hero and Alter-Ego?

2. In Alter-Ego, I received an encounter card that said, "the villain attacks you." Does this mean that I take damage as an Alter-Ego without the ability to defend?

Thanks for your help!

Ron

1) Yes.

2) I think all cards that cause the villain to attack say “if you are in hero form” with the exception of ‘I see you” in Mutagen Formula, which lets Green Goblin attack your alter ego without a boost card.