New Player Buying Guide

By Rogue3, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Hey everyone,

So i have just started getting into this game and was wondering if there was a recommended buying guide/order you would recommend for a new player. I currently have 2 core sets, but with so much content out there, it's hard to know where to go from here. I would love some input!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Rogue3 said:

Hey everyone,

So i have just started getting into this game and was wondering if there was a recommended buying guide/order you would recommend for a new player. I currently have 2 core sets, but with so much content out there, it's hard to know where to go from here. I would love some input!

Thanks!

If I were you I would simply start buying anything I can get a hold of (and you have the money to buy confortably) since reprinting and restocking for this game is very....random.

As a more general advice the latest cycles usually have better crafted quest and a more solid narrative. I could recommend starting from The Lost Realm and working from there. Otherwise Wilds of Rhovanion and the Ered Mitrhin cycle are another good place to start. Maybe wait going for Shadow in the East and Vengeance of Mordor until later :D

Springing for the LOTR saga could be good too.