Firefly is coming to Disney +,

By tank0625, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I kind of hope this gets a rethink and is dropped. A family friendly version of Firefly is a mistake.

I don't always agree with the pirate, but this time, he's absolutely right.

5 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

I kind of hope this gets a rethink and is dropped. A family friendly version of Firefly is a mistake.

When I think about adult, mature sci-fi shows, Firefly is not one that immediately comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

One of the groups I run is currently in a Firefly -class, using stats that I found around here somewhere.

xnBabrh.jpg

Thank you. I like the stats

I found this floor plan

2174861cf9cb4154b55f40e8bae2bcda.jpg

2 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

When I think about adult, mature sci-fi shows, Firefly is not one that immediately comes to mind.

A shipboard hooker and a captain that commits straight up murder in the show's pilot isn't Disney friendly, but it absolutely is Firefly.

7 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

A shipboard hooker and a captain that commits straight up murder in the show's pilot isn't Disney friendly, but it absolutely is Firefly.

Well, Disney owns FOX now, so Disney might allow the reboot, and then let Fox do the rest how they like.

Maybe ?

17 minutes ago, Ni Fang said:

Well, Disney owns FOX now, so Disney might allow the reboot, and then let Fox do the rest how they like.

Maybe ?

I've read that more adult content might be done on Hulu, that's a distinct possibility. Firefly made more generic/family friendly is an IP murder imo.

Edited by 2P51
7 hours ago, 2P51 said:

They are making a Disney+ show about straight-up murderer of his own allies Cassian Andor.

I get that Firefly may not be "Disney friendly", but it is hardly "adult" or "mature" audience by any (but the most reactionary) standard.

I'll stay open about this (if it ends up actually happening), I love the original, but if they can make a decent series, with more than 14 episodes, that are actually shown in order ... then I'll be more than satisfied.

Firefly was tame enough to be shown on a prime time network TV broadcast. I don’t think Disney will need to censor it at all to make it suitable for their premium channel.

****. I'd be happy with a story about a crew of smugglers, hanging on in the mid rim, dodging Imps, Hutts, and Black Sun.

Why make it a Firefly reboot when you have Star Wars? I mean we all know it wanted to be Star Wars in the first place right?

25 minutes ago, Stethemessiah said:

****. I'd be happy with a story about a crew of smugglers, hanging on in the mid rim, dodging Imps, Hutts, and Black Sun.

Why make it a Firefly reboot when you have Star Wars? I mean we all know it wanted to be Star Wars in the first place right?

I've got high hopes for the Boba Fett show. I'd love a Star Wars show that doesn't mention Jedi, or Sith, or New Republic, or pre-First Order, or any of it. Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Crime Lords, and .....pirates.....

On 12/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, 2P51 said:

Two by two, hands of BLUEBERRY PIE FRESH FROM THE OVEN! LET'S SHARE, EVERYONE! SHINY 'VERSE SUSS OUT GORAM NI HAO YONG QUTA YUYAN.

Sounds like an attempt to locate a leak.

12 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

I've got high hopes for the Boba Fett show. I'd love a Star Wars show that doesn't mention Jedi, or Sith, or New Republic, or pre-First Order, or any of it. Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Crime Lords, and .....pirates.....

The New Republic is almost certainly going to show. Crime shows in which the law enforcement doesn't exist at all aren't really a thing.

Boba Fett has chosen to build his empire of crime in an area of space that is nominally controlled by the New Republic, and in which the Impirial Leftovers have started to be very busy again.

18 hours ago, 2P51 said:

The Boba Fett clip at the end actually could give Disney's Firefly a ray of hope? Bib didn't shoot first. So Disney is willing to center a show on a dark un-goodified Boba. So perhaps Firefly has a chance? Boba capping an unarmed guy without warning to take his throne is an entire step more evil then killing an unarmed guy who is swearing he will return to kill you.

Like I said, Hulu might be a good option for things they want to have a more grown up theme for. They bought majority stake in the platform so I presume they'd want IPs to promote it.