Playmats and storage accessories

By Carthoris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

The playmats for this game have been out of stock in the FFG store for a long while, and the player base has continued to grow.

I think putting out new playmats--or even just reprinting the old ones--should be like printing money, right? They've put these together as organized play premiums before, where they are operating at a loss for promotional purposes. Why not have some to sell?

On a related note, I don't think they've ever sold the deck boxes like this one that have been issued at Arkham Nights events:

User: kelvinman_123456

In light of the often-expressed consumer appetite for storage solutions, I wonder if these would be commercially feasible?

Edited by Carthoris

Etsy is your friend. Okay, a sort of rather pricy friend, but lots of accessories available to meet AH gaming needs. I purchased this 16"x10" Playmat (designed by Momo Monster Co) and had it printed on neoprene by Inked Gaming . Cost me about $45 for two, but very quality product and the perfect complement to make my games flow smoothly.

That playmat is designed for using this Investigator Dashboard . But you can start to drop some serious dime if you continue in that direction. The mat also works fine if you want to just put you Investigator Card in the designated mat area.

Edited by Sir_Blacksoutalot
On 12/16/2020 at 2:27 PM, Carthoris said:

The playmats for this game have been out of stock in the FFG store for a long while, and the player base has continued to grow.

I think putting out new playmats--or even just reprinting the old ones--should be like printing money, right? They've put these together as organized play premiums before, where they are operating at a loss for promotional purposes. Why not have some to sell?

On a related note, I don't think they've ever sold the deck boxes like this one that have been issued at Arkham Nights events:

User: kelvinman_123456

In light of the often-expressed consumer appetite for storage solutions, I wonder if these would be commercially feasible?

How many cards does that hold?

14 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

How many cards does that hold?

550 unsleeved cards without overfilling.

There is room to fit your mini cards or more regular cards down the sides.

450 Sleeved cards with less room down the sides depending on the height of your sleeves.

https://youtu.be/MacRxop2bvo?t=117

I like the idea of having my whole collection in "Return"-sized boxes. I've got two generic card boxes that are nearly that size that I use to hold the newest cycles, and I've got a big "shoebox" with all the player cards in it. But I'd be happy to break the player cards into class-specific boxes.