New to boards saying hello

By Warhawk1977, in X-Wing

Wondering how weird I am compared to everyone šŸ˜

I played Games workshop & others games for years so I understand playing miniature games cost a lot of money. But when my gaming group drifted apart and I sold lots of my stuff but keep some just in case my boys ever wanted to play. When my youngest told me he wanted to play X wing I dusted off some old GW stuff and traded it for a few X wing 1.0 collections from players getting out of the game without fully understanding what I was getting but knowing I could sort it all out in the end.

So started sorting and not sure how many core sets we got but we got some many duplicate stuff its crazy. With 1.0 only really having the 3 factions and most of the stuff being the first waves we didn't get a huge mix of ships but got a lot core ships. Which worked out pretty good my oldest likes Imperial, youngest likes Scum and I'm pretty happy with Rebels. But we all flip around to different factions depending on what we feel like playing. We ended up with some crazy amounts of some ships like 14 tie fighters, 8 X wings, 10 FO ties, and 9 Tie Interceptors. We never used that many but they are cool to look at on the shelf all lined up.

A few weeks ago my wife and I were having dinner with my wives friend and her husband. While talking we ended up talking about X wing and how he plays. So asking some questions he is part of a group of 4 players all playing 2.0 so decided it was time to upgrade to 2.0 so my boys and I can expand out games. In the deals I picked up I got a Imperial conversion box but never opened it, yesterday I ordered the Rebel, Scum, First order and Huge ship conversion boxes so going to spend the weekend moving all our stuff around. Ordered a new core set too but it won't be here till next week, I know I don't need 2 more tie fighters but I could repaint a few of them.

I was going to put the FO ties on Ebay but looks like we could add a few ships like the Shuttle and have a fun force so decided to keep them so we would have another faction to play so order the conversion kit.

Being a old school player I like Forums communication and having one supported by FFG is really nice. Looking forward to post and talking with everyone, I'm sure there is lots of learn from you gals/guys.

Hope you get a lot of joy out of those purchases, getting family in on the action is a double win.

Moving to 2.0 was a good choice, it has made the game more enjoyable for me certainly.

Please do post on here, its a fun community a d chances are somone will have answers and suggestions for whatever you want.

Welcome to the forum!

Family time has been very nice with the boys. My youngest likes Imperial Assault also so lots of fun there too.

So far no more questions but I'm sure I will once we get the core set in hand.

Thanks for the replys

This is a beautiful game, only eclipsed by those who play it. 2.0 is a fine upgrade to the few things that broke 1.0. I think I can speak for all when I type, welcome to the fun struggle for our galaxy.

...now where's my tea?

Welcome to the madhouse, ope, meant forum there. Hehe. Weird? Us? Naaawwww. What ever would give you that idea?

Throw your coat wherever, make yourself at home! Watch your step though, the Rancor pit door has been acting up again. It's safe though. Uh. Mostly. šŸ˜

Edited by ForceSensitive

Obligatory Mistakes Were Made post:

xwing-mistakes-made.png

Welcome aboard, hope you have a metric ton of fun with the game!

Welcome!

I would definitely paint some of the ties so that you can use them as tie sfs that will help you get more value out of the fo conversion kit. I do think it's a good idea to have a spare faction. You can get upsilon really cheap online.

Howdy!

*Imperial March plays*

Hi.

Let's go find some TIEs. Pew, pew.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release) | Page 139 | RPF Costume and  Prop Maker Community

Edited by Darth Meanie
17 hours ago, reqent said:

Welcome!

I would definitely paint some of the ties so that you can use them as tie sfs that will help you get more value out of the fo conversion kit. I do think it's a good idea to have a spare faction. You can get upsilon really cheap online.

That is what I'm thinking I can repaint 2 of the FO ties into SF. I saw some upsilon around but I keep thinking I need Gozanti. I know I don't need one but to me those are the coolest of the huge ships so I'm going to have to buy it. lol

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I checked my tracking numbers and my conversion kits will be here today and the core set on Sat so much sooner than I thought can't wait to get some games in this weekend.

18 minutes ago, Warhawk1977 said:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I checked my tracking numbers and my conversion kits will be here today and the core set on Sat so much sooner than I thought can't wait to get some games in this weekend.

Meanwhile, you can get your X-wing fix here:

People in this thread are being far too nice. This is the forums for a popular game! Arenā€™t we supposed to whine and complain how new players are ruining the game?

XD

Make sure you get a couple of extra 2.0 damage decks for the boys. You need one each.

16 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

People in this thread are being far too nice. This is the forums for a popular game! Arenā€™t we supposed to whine and complain how new players are ruining the game?

XD

New players = new perspectives, possibly new challenges, maybe new friends, and are the continuing life blood of any game. As much as we bang heads with each other, when we do, most if not all of the players that transitioned to 2.0, from what I've seen, at least recognize that.

1 hour ago, Matanui3 said:

XD

Aren't we busy complaining how the devs/corporate overlords are doing just that?

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Aren't we busy complaining how the corporate overlords are doing just that?

There's more than enough of that going on in t'other thread!

Welcome to the game! Lovely choice with Rebels, they're solid and good and fun.

I'm sure you're aware, but 2.0 uses the squad builder app, instead of points and slots on the cards. There are plenty of second party options, as well as a (finally) decent FFG official one!

I would absolutely suggest buying the Hotshots and Aces pack (or two) as your next buy - it adds so much fun content to the game (esp in the OT factions), and makes the B-Wing into an absolute monster of a ship. It also catches you up on many of the upgrades.

And, yes! Welcome, I'm super jealous that you're able to get games in within your household. That would be a dream.

Welcome aboard. great to see some new blood coming into xwing. i started with 1.0 and played mostly rebels. Switched to empire and then to scum where ive been ever since. virtually never touch my rebels or imperials now and have upgraded to 2.0 although took about a year off playing when 2.0 was released as i wasnt sure i wanted to invest more $. im now a dedicated scum player and have been pleased with what 2.0 has added to scum. im biased but to me its the best faction due to its versatility. covid-19 has hampered organised events but there are always pockets of players to find and play casual games with. im keenly awaiting the razors crest ship and other mandalorian stuff. i think this would bring in players who r fans of the show.

Welcome.

and goodbye.

Timing doesn't get much worse than this.

this aged like milk.... I sure hope to see you involved with the game, wherever the conversation may take us