NEW PLAYER LOOKING FOR GAMES

By CrossChild95, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

So...I've posted a few times throughout here, but I figured a new thread would help too.

I haven't touched tabletop roleplays since I was little, for personal and professional reasons. However, I've not left roleplaying at all. I've done everything from MMOs (World of Warcraft is a personal favorite) to LARPing and everything in between (I was one of the first to use kik for roleplays before it blew up and subsequently died).

This past year, through all the craziness, I've stumbled upon Actual Play podcasts as well as some Critical Role videos (and UpUpDownDown, shoutout to Mr. Creed). It's gotten me interested in trying to get back into the scene.

TL/DR: I'm familiar with roleplaying, I'm familiar with Star Wars...but I'm NOT familiar with Star Wars Roleplaying. If any DM/GM would be willing to work with me, either a one shot or a full group, I would love to play a part in your campaign.

Due to the imminent FFG forum shut-down (end of January 2021), I suggest that you check out some of the threads in the EotE section ( https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/306-star-wars-edge-of-the-empire-rpg/ ). There you can find links to various new forum sites where you can look for new gaming groups (as well as discussions about rules, setting flavour, related IP like The Mandalorian, etc.).

It might help if you had some idea as to what sort of game you'd be interested in (e.g., EotE, AoR, FaD) and/or which era (OT, PT, ST, KotOR/SWtOR era, other Legends periods). Describing that could help you find a GM/group with compatible interests.

Reading some of the play-by-forum-post campaign threads here (at least until the forums shut down) can also give you some idea of what to expect. A campaign's IC and OOC (and even Miscellaneous) threads can be informative as to what conventions to expect and follow.

Good hunting! :)