Scum Hyperspace

By Nyxen, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Now, I'm not a scum player but the new hyperspace has me brewing /everything/. What do our players more experienced in the faction think of this?

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Ship total: 70 Half Points: 35 Threshold: 2

Dengar (53)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Weapons Systems Officer (7)
False Transponder Codes (2)
Punishing One (5)
R3 Astromech (3)

Ship total: 82 Half Points: 41 Threshold: 5

Mining Guild Surveyor (23)
Marg Sabl Closure (1)

Ship total: 24 Half Points: 12 Threshold: 2

Mining Guild Surveyor (23)
Marg Sabl Closure (1)

Ship total: 24 Half Points: 12 Threshold: 2

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZhZ200Z97X127WY115XW136WWW368W369WW159W4Y248X331WY248X331W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

The idea being Dengar jams his first target and dumps the Torps as quickly as possible while the ties fly through obstacles to give out strain and Fenn does Fenn things.

I'd rather give Dengar Zam Wessel crew than the Weapon Systems Officer, though that means no Punishing One(just take Ion Cannon I guess).

That frees up 5 points(astro slot goes away too), room for Greedo and Expert Handling, alternatively Agile Gunner and a 1pt bid. Or just take the 5pt bid since you have 2 i6s.

Set Zam to give you locks if you defend("You Should Thank Me") and you can always have lock for your retaliation attack, so it can be a Proton Torp.

Dead Man's Switch can be a good little deterent to swarming him too, instead of False Transponder Codes, or you could even go to 7pt bid.

Edited by Cerebrawl

I like Cerebrawls suggestions. Could be a decent list.

I did struggle against Jedi with Fenn, Dengar, you need to keep Fenn safe early on and make decent inroads with Dengar before he pops. Problem is, I think, that for all their high Init, they can be a bit predictable. So extremely mobile ships that mitigate damage well can be tricky to pin down. The TIEs should help.

For Hyperspace, I've actually gone away from Scum and back to Empire, but obviously have some options in the builder. I'm just not sure what the field would look like, so it's really hard to know what would do well. I feel a bit more confident in my Empire choices.

2 things I made.

This, I just really want to fly the Falcon and recently got 2 Zs. I have no idea whether it would be good or bad, but it has some tricks. Basically a kitchen sink list.

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Lando Calrissian - 53 •Lando Calrissian - Smooth-talking Gambler (42) ••XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (2) •L3–37 (4) Electronic Baffle (2) •Lando’s Millennium Falcon (3)

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - Binayre Pirate - 27 Binayre Pirate - (22) Proton Rockets (5)

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - Binayre Pirate - 27 Binayre Pirate - (22) Proton Rockets (5)

M3-A Interceptor - •Inaldra - 34 •Inaldra - Tansarii Point Boss (30) Tractor Beam (4)

Fang Fighter - •Old Teroch - 58 •Old Teroch - Mandalorian Mentor (56) Predator (2) Total: 199

I began with 2 more Scyks in place of Old T and may even like that more. I think Tracer Lando and Swarm might have something to it.

Other one I have mixed confidence in. It's adapted from the HS list I was using and that was pretty good. But it really needs testing with the changes, it's a bit of an unusual thing.

YV-666 Light Freighter - •Latts Razzi - 63 •Latts Razzi - Martial Artist (56) •Zam Wesell (4) Contraband Cybernetics (3)

M3-A Interceptor - •Quinn Jast - 36 •Quinn Jast - Fortune Seeker (31) Proton Rockets (5)

M3-A Interceptor - •Genesis Red - 43 •Genesis Red - Tansarii Point Crime Lord (31) Proton Torpedoes (12)

Fang Fighter - •Kad Solus - 56 •Kad Solus - Skilled Commando (54) Predator (2)

Total: 198

I want to try it with Pod Lando + Hondo in Quinn Jasts slot, but like I say, needs actual table time to work out. Latts had 0-0-0 before and Blaster Sunny was there to provide some crucial stealth damage.

2x Bounty Hunter is still in, but wirh no PerCo, I'm not sure on it. With all the Prockets, Predator and Tracers, I'm slightly fearful for our larger bases.

For ace lists, we have good options, but again, they're all quite prone to a number of things that are legal in other factions.

Swarm wise, there may be something, but I don't know how they stack up against some of the cheap 3ag aces in Rep and Res, or other swarms. Marg Sabl TIEs and control Scyks could be alright though.

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Swarm wise, there may be something, but I don't know how they stack up against some of the cheap 3ag aces in Rep and Res, or other swarms. Marg Sabl TIEs and control Scyks could be alright though.

Probably something like 3x conc missile scyk, 2x tracer scyk, 2x MS TIE. Fly TIEs through asteroids to double strain your primary target so a blue move doesn't clear it, lock it with tracers and focus fire to delete.

Or just 7 scyks, 2 conc, 2 tracer, 2 tractor, 1 nekkid. First try to land a tractor, then land a tracer, then focus remaining shots(if either tractor/tracer lands first shot, use primary to add weight of fire with the other).

Either should delete something in the first engagement, the first is probably more of a sure thing, but the TIEs don't benefit from the tracers and are more fragile than tractor scyks, and losing just 1 means higher ini can ignore the strain by flying blue. The all-scyk list has more staying power.

4 hours ago, Cerebrawl said:

Probably something like 3x conc missile scyk, 2x tracer scyk, 2x MS TIE. Fly TIEs through asteroids to double strain your primary target so a blue move doesn't clear it, lock it with tracers and focus fire to delete.

Or just 7 scyks, 2 conc, 2 tracer, 2 tractor, 1 nekkid. First try to land a tractor, then land a tracer, then focus remaining shots(if either tractor/tracer lands first shot, use primary to add weight of fire with the other).

Either should delete something in the first engagement, the first is probably more of a sure thing, but the TIEs don't benefit from the tracers and are more fragile than tractor scyks, and losing just 1 means higher ini can ignore the strain by flying blue. The all-scyk list has more staying power.

Definitely think a lot of that should have good game. My main fear for it is punch and good time on target against the Jedi, and maybe Rep A Wings. They can range control and arc dodge the set up so easily.

The Marg TIEs need to be tried out against these things, see how reliably you can land that strain. If you can't, you're possibly struggling to land the Tracers, and then everything gets sad. The obstacle placement will obviously be clutch.

Partly why I'm thinking that Scyks will still prefer cannons to missiles, apart from a Tracer or 2. Like, slow rolling Zs for follow up missile punch, cannon control Scyks and those debuff TIEs.

However, I think the best Scum swarm will likely still be all Scyk with some cannons. It just points, focusses and shoots, you don't really get more reliable than that. Couple Marg TIEs could add flavour, but I'm not sure they're as dependable.

Like you say, Scyk staying power, it's still more or less the strongest tool available.