Laser and Ion (ETA + Delta 7)

By LeMightyASP, in X-Wing Squad Lists

The new wave has brought about a lot of great list-building possibilities for the Republic, mostly due to the new ETA. One of those that I haven't seen explored as much is the use of support cannons (tractor and ion) to help CLT Jedi line up their bullseyes.

For that reason, i made a list comprised mostly of i4 Jedi that either punch really hard or help others punch really hard.

There's also a force sub-theme to this list, seeing as we have 4 force users, 3 of which have great abilities and the 4th amplifying those abilities.

Here's the list:

Yoda (48)
Patience (2)
Ion Cannon (6)

Ship total: 56 Half Points: 28 Threshold: 2

Shaak Ti (44)
Predator (2)
Tractor Beam (4)

Ship total: 50 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 2

Luminara Unduli (42)
R4 Astromech (2)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (3)

Ship total: 47 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 2

Saesee Tiin (42)
R4 Astromech (2)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (3)

Ship total: 47 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 2

Total: 200

List breakdown:

the idea is to use Shaak Ti's tractor beam to line up bullseyes for clt during the engagement and reduce the defense of the opponent, and use Yoda's ion cannon to setup bullseyes for the next turn. Shaak Ti also has predator because predator ETA is slightly better than clt jedi in terms of expected damage with a single focus token, so she can also be a heavy hitter with little cost. Yoda carries patience because his force points are the most valuable, since they can be used for any ability in the list.

For the Delta 7s, CLT is pretty obvious. R4 is also great value on a ship with 4 distinct red maneuvers, and it also makes Saesee's ability a lot more flexible. Opted out of putting those in the ETAs because they rarely ever get stressed, and 2 points is too much just to improve Saesee's ability slightly.

What are your thoughts? What would you change? Would you fly this list casually/competitively?