Bad Batch!

By whafrog, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I enjoyed the episodes in Season 7, but they aren't my favourite group of characters. But this looks frickin' awesome! I love the crossover to the Empire, that should make for some fun, and hopefully interesting and dynamic character growth.

Check it out:

OhooOHHHooho man.... That looks awesome .

Really lookin' forward to this one.

Was that Fennec?

Hm bit torn on that one.
Found the Bad Batch to be extremely silly (because gone super hero..) in the clone wars final season 😕

When hearing about a Bad Batch Series though, I was hoping for something like Republic -> Imperial Commando, but of course the failed / gone super hero clones would go rogue, figures....

Why cant we get a Imperial perspective for a change, all this rebel & resistance stuff is getting old fast and very one-sided.

Edited by Fl1nt
3 hours ago, Jegergryte said:

Was that Fennec?

I'm pretty sure that it was ... unless it's a case of handed-down armour like Jango/Boba. In the latter case (handed down), it could be a family member or another member of some sort of group.

I'd be interested to see how they cover the Republic-to-Empire transition (including how the characters react to current events).

And I wonder which age group is the main target audience, i.e., how dark can they go?

3 hours ago, Fl1nt said:

Why cant we get a Imperial perspective for a change, all this rebel & resistance stuff is getting old fast and very one-sided.

I am not too eager for a high action, seat of your pants cartoon with Space Nazi’s as the protagonists...

11 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

I am not too eager for a high action, seat of your pants cartoon with Space Nazi’s as the protagonists...

Hear, hear!

There are (or should be) obvious reasons why we don't have a series that follow the ultimate evil bad guys ... having troubled defectors could serve as a starting point (i.e. Battlfront II [the second one]), but the Empire is evil, they are the bad guys ... no need to see their "perspective" in order to normalise oppression and horrible deeds, no need to humanise the totalitarian regime by a religious evil overlord with mystical abilites, bent on galactic domination for his own benefit.

The latest episode of Mandalorian touches upon this in a good way, I think.