Time for More Information?

By williaps, in Descent: Legends of the Dark

I don't know about the rest of you but I think it's time FF gives the community another peek into this new game. Between the time of this post and the original unveiling there has been a lot of chatter both positive and negative and I think it's time for more "official" information. It was my expectation that the community would be seeing another update last month but D3 is nowhere on the FFG Live schedule. Does anyone else share my feeling?

No. I'll just wait until it arrives. 😋

Not interested at all 🙂

22 hours ago, williaps said:

I don't know about the rest of you but I think it's time FF gives the community another peek into this new game. Between the time of this post and the original unveiling there has been a lot of chatter both positive and negative and I think it's time for more "official" information. It was my expectation that the community would be seeing another update last month but D3 is nowhere on the FFG Live schedule. Does anyone else share my feeling?

Yeah, they had already had a gameplay stream planned (and mentioned it) at the time of the reveal stream, but as you said, the FFG Live hasn't had anything out in a month, and its not so much that Legends is nowhere on the schedule, but nothing is on the schedule .

Probably has to do with the internal shake-up that happened, with people being laid off when the Star Wars IP was punted over to Atomic Mass Games which was six days after the last of FFG Live's videos . Could also be due to some scrambling after the less-than-stellar reception that Legends received in social media. I wouldn't expect it to be a Legends- specific problem though, unless they start streaming again and we still haven't heard anything. At this point in time, nothing is being streamed.

I'm still excited to see the gameplay stream, whenever that is!

Edit: One thing to note, is that the last video produced was on the 10th, the shakeup happened on the 16th, and there was a stream planned for Nov. 18th for Marvel Champions Galaxy's Most Wanted , which appears to not have happened, so it may be that all planned streams got cancelled after whatever happened internally.

Edit 2: Actually, looks like no more streams for 2020

Edited by kris40k

Not to sounds all paranoid, Occam's razor, COVID-19, and all that, but it is a coinkydink that the streams were cancelled the same day that the shake-up happened and some prominent FFG people got laid off.

80lw0w1meps41.jpg

Edited by kris40k

There are stores out there asking me to Preorder this game. Preorder!
I still don't even know what this game is like!

FFG has a history of being great at not giving out information. They noticeably tried to turn over a new leaf on that front, so I wonder if we're back to radio silence or if we'll start hearing from them again when they get their **** together.

I did get excited when I saw the box but so far the contents have been a let down. As such I'm not in a hurry to hear more, but I would really like to know whether Descent, Imperial Assault, and Mansions of Madness are going to get reprints.

I'm very happy with both Descent: Journeys in the Dark and Imperial Assault. Sure there are a few thigs that could probably be improved here and there, but overall I love them. I also became interested when they "accidentally" showed the box, but now - since they've been hiding the mechanics - I'm beginning to wonder if it's not very good.

Are they trying to cash in on many Kickstarter successes by simply showing that "this game as minis and therefore will sell millions" ?

It is not supposed to release until Q2 2021. There is plenty of time for FFG to put out more information.

21 hours ago, Lifer4700 said:

but now - since they've been hiding the mechanics - I'm beginning to wonder if it's not very good.

They are not hiding the mechanics. They already had a gameplay stream planned before all streams were cancelled for the rest of 2020, and they did dip their toes into mechanics during the reveal stream, but purposely didn't dive in since they had the upcoming gameplay stream for that specific purpose.

If it wasn't that all streams were cancelled, we'd most likely already have the playthrough.

If, after the new year, they start streaming other games again and we haven't heard anything about a planned Legends gameplay stream by say, then end of Jan., then there might be a reason to start harrumphing and rabbling.

Edited by kris40k

Yes, I Also Expect more at february, or Little bit later, depending on how They can manage the timetables. Cov19 can cause delays that They can not predict.

Delayed to Q3 2021 now, might mean any news is delayed.

Hopefully they are fixing the art, and the price, lol.

They’re shutting down the forums. COVID aside, if don’t think there is going to be that much communication going forward ither than that with no feedback.

it is more than Descent’s makeover than saddens me these days. FFG is just not up to the quality it used to be. I wouldn’t expect much from announcements.

6 hours ago, KelRiever said:

... FFG is just not up to the quality it used to be ...

There is no more FFG since Petersen went away (and even a little before i.e. when he signed the agreement with Asmodee). Now it is Asmodee ruling and you can see the effects 😞

Meh, they're closing down the forums. I don't see any need for more information on this game until it comes out.