What do other consider the following (Rankings)

By Cgriffith, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

• I Who in your opinion are the best five heroes (Hero + Hero specific cards)
  • Who are the five worst (Hero + Hero specific cards)
  • Which ally for each is the best in the 4 subcategories (Aggression, Protection, Justice, Leadership)
  • Which event, upgrade and support is the best in the 4 subcategories
  • Which (basic) ally, event and support are the best

• Last one two characters you’d like to see in the game

Looking to see if there is a consensus or many differing opinions? This should be a fun thread.

Edited by Cgriffith
Added Upgrade to a question listed

• Captain America, Spider Man, Black Widow, Spider Woman, and Hulk. I'm sure Ant Man would be up there, but I don't have him yet.

• Iron Man, She Hulk, Captain Marvel, Thor, and Hawkeye. They're all great heroes, but someone has to be the worst, you know?

• Sentry, Iron Fist, Dare Devil, and Falcon.

• Drop Kick and Hall of Heroes, Tackle and Med Team, For Justice and Beat Cop, and Make the Call and Team Training.

• Mockingbird, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Quincarrier.

• I'm going to exclude some of next year's rumored heroes, cause two of them are definitely on this list, but if they're already coming then there's no point of putting them on this list of heroes I'd like to see, cause I'm going to see them. So anywho, the heroes I'd like to see are Wolverine and Winter Soldier.

Edited by Venompuppy
Spelling error

Interesting topic!

Best 5 heroes: Doctor Strange, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel

Worst 5 heroes: Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Black Panther, Black Widow

Best ally for each aspect: Aggression (Brawn), Justice (Agent Coulson), Leadership (Maria Hill), Protection (Iron Fist).

Best event for each aspect: Aggression (Relentless Assault), Justice (Stealth Strike), Leadership (Make the Call), Protection (Momentum Shift).

Best support for each aspect: Aggression (Hall of Heroes), Justice (Interrogation Room), Leadership (Team Training), Protection (The Night Nurse)

Best upgrade for each aspect: Aggression (Counterattack), Justice (Under Surveillance), Leadership (Rapid Response), Protection (Energy Barrier)

Best basic cards: Event (Earth's Mightiest Heroes), Ally (Nick Fury), Support (Quincarrier), Upgrade (Down Time).

2 heroes I'd like to see: Punisher and Blade

EDIT: added upgrades

Edited by Whingewood
54 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:
  • Who in your opinion are the best five heroes (Hero + Hero specific cards)
  • Who are the five worst (Hero + Hero specific cards)
  • Which ally for each is the best in the 4 subcategories (Aggression, Protection, Justice, Leadership)
  • Which event and support is the best in the 4 subcategories
  • Which (basic) ally, event and support are the best

• Last one two characters you’d like to see in the game

Looking to see if there is a consensus or many differing opinions? This should be a fun thread.

Best 5: She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Ant-Man, Black Widow.

Worst 5: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Hulk

Best Ally by Aspect: Sentry (Aggression), Black Widow (Protection), Jessica Jones (Justice), Falcon (Leadership)

Best Aspect events: You’ll Pay for That! (Aggression), Preemptive Strike (Protection), For Justice! (Justice), Make the Call (Leadership)

Best Aspect Support: Beat Cop (Justice), The Night Nurse (Protection), Triskelion (Leadership), Hall of Heroes (Aggression).

Best Basic Ally: Nick Fury

Best Basic Event: Emergency

Best Basic Support: Avenger’s Mansion

Two characters I want: Wolverine, The Punisher. (Cyclops and Johnny Storm are close understudies :) )

Just a note, did you mean to include upgrades in the question about Supports? There are way more upgrades than supports.

40 minutes ago, Whingewood said:

Interesting topic!

Thank you.

I wanted to see everyone’s opinion, and see if their is a consensus. Or if others because of each individual play style different characters are valued differently

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

Just a note, did you mean to include upgrades in the question about Supports? There are way more upgrades than supports.

Yes I did I’ll add that to my original post

Please, define "best" and "worst" :P Cause I'm going solely on personal preference here, with full awareness that some picks might be less powerful or useful than other options ;)

Best 5 heroes: She-Hulk, Thor, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man

Worst 5 heroes: Hulk, Cap. Marvel, there are no more heroes that deserve to be called the worst

Next, I'm putting support/upgrades into one category, cause there's not a lot of supports ;) And I'm going ally -> event -> supp/up for each aspect, to show what i like in each of them :D

Best Aggression cards: Valkyrie, Relentless Assault, Hall of Heroes - I obviously like to slaughter minions.

Best Protection: Iron Fist, Tackle, Energy Barrier - stunlock all the way!

Best Leadership: Maria Hill, Make the Call, Rapid Response

Best Justice: Quake, Heroic Intuition, Lay Down the Law

Best Basic: Mockingbird, To the Rescue!, Endurance

Who i want to see? Wolverine, Gambit

Best heroes: Dr. Strange, Cap. America, Cap. Marvel, Ant-man, Ms. Marvel.

Worst heroes: Hulk & Thor....rest is above that level.

Best allies: Brawn, Iron Fist, Quake, Stinger.

I'm too lazy to filter through the upgades and whatnot.

Basic: Nick Fury, Earth's Mightiest Heroes , Quincarrier.

Heroes I want to see: Iceman (Stunfest) & Psylocke (Confusefest)

Heroes I would like to see (because I think they could do interesting things with them)

• Moon Knight
  • Daredevil
  • Nightcrawler
  • Storm
  • Luke Cage
  • Madrox
  • Sage
  • Jack of Hearts
  • Invisible Woman
  • Captain Britain
  • Vision
  • Wonder Man

Edited by IceHot42
Best 5 Heroes Hero Cards Worst 5 Heroes Hero Cards
Ant-Man (Army of Ants) Hulk (Banners Lab)
Black Widow (Covert Ops) Thor (For Asgard)
Dr. Strange (Cloak of Levitation) She-Hulk (SLD)
Ms. Marvel (Aamir Khan) Captain Marvel (CM Helmet)
Spider-Woman (Pheromones) Hawkeye - not bad just avg precon deck (Mockingbird - all his cards are good)

Aspect Allies Event Upgrade Support
Justice Daredevil For Justice! Counterintelligence Beat Cop
Protection Iron Fist Muster Courage Energy Barrier Night Nurse
Leadership Maria Hill Teamwork Rapid Response Team Training
Aggression Valkyrie Moment of Triumph Combat Training Tac Team
Basic Mockingbird Swarm Tactics Sorcer Supreme T-B Exercises

I'm not going to edit my previous list for upgrades, cause no one's gonna read it. So here it goes.

• Jarnbjorn, armoured vest, counter intelligence, rapid response, and down time.

And I'd like to point out that Wolverine was listed as a hero people would like to see three times at least already. Plus a shout-out to IceHot42 for mentioning Vision! I would've, but there's rumors he's coming up this month already. 🥳

Edited by Venompuppy
Spelling error + forgot last paragraph
On 12/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, Derrault said:

B

Worst 5: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Hulk

a little surprised by this...Ms Marvel can be truly amazing in 2 of the three game facets pretty much every turn. Her defending is not great but she can do tremendous output on both thwarting and damage...I also have found Iron Man pretty powerful but typically I have found you and I tend to agree on things. What are you seeing with Ms Marvel?

for what it is worth I run her (currently) aggression with Hall Of Heroes and Avengers Mansion, it is not unusual to have turns where I pop up with 14 cards in hand and am double tapping either thwart or damage as needed with her power-ups on table...massive, massive turns. Of course, I also tend to do burst with here where I am flipping every turn and usually exhaust her to bring back one of her events.

Then again, off top of my head the heroes that are neither top nor bottom 5 for you would be in no particular order Black Panther, Dr Strange, Hawkeye, and Spider Woman so I guess someone has to be bottom. I guess it is just a math thing?

4 hours ago, darthweasel2 said:

a little surprised by this...Ms Marvel can be truly amazing in 2 of the three game facets pretty much every turn. Her defending is not great but she can do tremendous output on both thwarting and damage...I also have found Iron Man pretty powerful but typically I have found you and I tend to agree on things. What are you seeing with Ms Marvel?

for what it is worth I run her (currently) aggression with Hall Of Heroes and Avengers Mansion, it is not unusual to have turns where I pop up with 14 cards in hand and am double tapping either thwart or damage as needed with her power-ups on table...massive, massive turns. Of course, I also tend to do burst with here where I am flipping every turn and usually exhaust her to bring back one of her events.

Then again, off top of my head the heroes that are neither top nor bottom 5 for you would be in no particular order Black Panther, Dr Strange, Hawkeye, and Spider Woman so I guess someone has to be bottom. I guess it is just a math thing?

For Ms. Marvel I actually really like and enjoy her, but she’s also very fragile. That, combined with her poor stat line, means she’s very much at risk of getting knocked out in solo play.

edit: I don’t actually dislike any of the heroes thus far, but gtmhgtmb to pick 5, that’s what I’d go with.

Edited by Derrault

Best heroes: Dr. Strange (Cloak of Levitation), Captain America (Heroic Strike), Captain Marvel (Energy Absorption), Spider-Woman (Pheromones), Black Widow (Attacrobatics).

Worst heroes: Hulk (Banner’s Laboratory), Thor (Thor’s Helmet), Black Panther (T’Challa/Black Panther), She-Hulk (Legal Practice), ... maybe Hawkeye (?).

Allies: Sentry , Daredevil , Maria Hill , Iron Fist , Mockingbird .

Events: Relentless Assault , Clear the Area , Make the Call , Tackle , Earth’s Mightiest Heroes .

Upgrades: Jarnbjorn , Counterintelligence , Inspired , Energy Barrier , Target Acquired .

Support: Hall of Heroes , Beat Cop , Team Training , The Night Nurse , Avenger’s Mansion .

Most wanted heroes: All of the X-men (don’t make me choose) 😛 . Invisible Woman and Punisher would be my non-mutants picks.

23 hours ago, Derrault said:

For Ms. Marvel I actually really like and enjoy her, but she’s also very fragile. That, combined with her poor stat line, means she’s very much at risk of getting knocked out in solo play.

edit: I don’t actually dislike any of the heroes thus far, but gtmhgtmb to pick 5, that’s what I’d go with.

I think the best part of Ms Marvel is that she has a really high recovery and is built to flip every turn...she has my best win rate in solo play.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, IceHot42 said:

I think the best part of Ms Marvel is that she has a really high recovery and is built to flip every turn...she has my best win rate in solo play.

All hail the power of flip, particularly when she has her full suite of cards out.

We played a 4 player game this last friday where I got to flip nearly every turn. We had the villain down to just a couple HP and the last player is like "Can I take him to the next stage?" We all tried to tell him no, we want to flip him when we are set up for him. But he is also a younger player...mid teens somewhere, but not overly experienced at the game. Still has a tendency to hold cards in hand...first turn he had Stark Towers in hand, 2 extra resources and wasn't going to play it...so we are not talking the strongest player here. I kind of walked him through using the armor to pay for the tower, using the tower to get armor back and get it down and he went from a first turn of playing Rocket Boots to having down Stark Tower, 2 pieces of armor and ready to roll...but I also try very hard not to alpha game it and told him after that he needed to play his own game.

Well, naturally he decides to flip the villain. It went about like you would expect...between flip damage, a couple unlucky draws, our Hawkeye player took 9 points of indirect damage with no way of stopping it and died with Goblin at full health and 1 point on State of Madness.

I cribbed 3 cards from the persona whose name i never remember, another from Amir, one from Avengers, 3 from hall, flipped up and did her thing, having already gotten all the goodies like Shrink and Embiggen out. Took out every side scheme in play and all but I think 2 threat on main scheme, did 24 damage and passed the turn. Our Thor player, who routinely is in the 20+ damage range, was impressed. Was not the first turn I had cleared 15-20 threat and still did damage. I absolutely love her steady threat or damage ability and Wiggle Room and allies keep me from needing to recover but that is generally 2 handed or more...and also keys back to how different the game plays solo v multi player.

But you are so right...flip, flip, flip every turn, use those personas, stack the deck and wreck everything in your path. She is incredibly fun to play for me. I don't know if I could rank the heroes but if I did for fun factor I think she, Ant Man, Hawkeye, Captain America and Iron Man are maybe my top five. Really enjoy almost every hero and the margin is razor thin though.

Best five heroes: Dr Strange (cloak), Captain America (shield), Ant Man (helmet), spider woman (pheromones) and Ms Marvel (shrink or embiggen)/Black Widow (attacrobatics, maybe the suit) - can't decide between these two for the last slot.

Worst heroes: Hulk (leap), Hawkeye (cable arrow), she Hulk (law division), Thor (for Asgard), no fifth - all the others are fine.

Best allies: daredevil, sentry, iron fist, Maria hill, fury.

Best upgrades: under surveillance, martial prowess, energy barrier, rapid response, sorcerer supreme (if you can take it)/endurance

Best support: beat cop, hall of heroes, night nurse, team training, hellicarrier

Events: clear the area, no specific option for aggression as they are all so dependent on the hero choice, sidestep (I suspect, not played it yet, but should be solid due to lack of reliance on actually defending), lead from the front, first aid.

Also, I misread the post at first, but thought how I misread it might make an interesting question to include: which hero is best with each aspect:

Justice: Ant Man, Aggression: black widow, protection: Cap, leadership: Strange.

Cheerio,

Ben