War of the Outer Gods

By Villefere, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I haven't heard any talk about this pack since it released. Has anyone had a chance to try it out? Does it live up to the hype? How is the replayability?

It was delivered yesterday, not had a chance to play it yet. Arrived at the same time as Devil Reef, so played that one first. Hoping to have time on Saturday.

We've played it. And we lost, but we really just didn't have enough fire power. I really like the central idea, and I think the replayability is probably quite high. The story rewards seem interesting enough to want them, but seeing as how we lost, I don't know exactly how you get them.

There were several times we seriously wished Sister Mary was packing some holy hand grenades.

18 minutes ago, Soakman said:

We've played it. And we lost, but we really just didn't have enough fire power. I really like the central idea, and I think the replayability is probably quite high. The story rewards seem interesting enough to want them, but seeing as how we lost, I don't know exactly how you get them.

There were several times we seriously wished Sister Mary was packing some holy hand grenades.

So you cant just hang back and let the factions fight eachother while you set up?

23 minutes ago, Villefere said:

So you cant just hang back and let the factions fight eachother while you set up?

I mean... you can, but I don’t know. You kind of want to play them against each other, but you also risk escalating things