Advice on Homebrewed Adventure

By ForeverGM84, in Game Masters

Greetings! I will be running a 2-3 session adventure for some new players to this system. All of them only have experience in D20 systems, so this will be different for them.

I have ran all 3 starter adventures multiple times, so I would like to try something new. The adventure I am planning has the PCs (a republic representative, a Jedi padawan, and a clone officer) sent to Naboo to investigate rumors of a separatist cell operating on the planet. It will be an investigative adventure (using the 3 clue rule outlined on the Alexandrian blog) that will eventually reveal the cell being led by a higher ranking member of the Royal Security Forces, and ending with an attempted kidnapping of Queen Jamillia.

Here's where I would like some advice. The adventure will begin with the players meeting with Queen Jamillia, who will be dismissive of the rumors. I would like to make this social encounter mean something to the player who is playing the republic rep. The idea I am currently mulling over is to make it a series of 2-3 skills checks, and have her agree to letting the Royal Security Force help out in some way, depending on the number of successful checks the player makes during the meeting. Does anyone have any other ideas of how that can play out, narrative wise? Im also open to other ideas, so if you have one, lay it one me!

Thanks for reading!

If they fail or are moderately successful with the Queen, it is an "audience" type of situation. Perhaps have a Gungan rep present who will help if she won't.

Gungan help could be viewed as either a win or a loss, depending on your point of view.

I'd say if they succeed with Threat, she gives them only a little bit of help. If they fail with Advantage, they get the Gungans. :D

If they get both Threat and Triumph, maybe they get the little bit of help and the Gungans.