Any word from Edge Studios???

By cybercat07, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I’ve seen Edge tweet out information about their other lines but it’s been complete radio silence on SWRPG. And their website updates even less than their Twitter page.

Has anyone else heard anything? At this point even an update or acknowledgement would suffice.

Overall I have to admit I’m worried. I also play X Wing and honestly at least Atomic Mass Games has sent out a few letters and updates.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, cybercat07 said:

I’ve seen Edge tweet out information about their other lines but it’s been complete radio silence on SWRPG. And their website updates even less than their Twitter page.

Has anyone else heard anything? At this point even an update or acknowledgement would suffice.

Overall I have to admit I’m worried. I also play X Wing and honestly at least Atomic Mass Games has sent out a few letters and updates.

I echo your sentiment of concern to be honest.

2 hours ago, Luahk said:

I echo your sentiment of concern to be honest.

Yeah... It feels like Star Wars is getting the red headed step child treatment. Which is annoying.

May have been overkill on my part, but I posted this in all three lines.

Most vocalized that Edge Studios said to give them time... but again. They've tweeted about other products which makes me very concerned.

The general sentiment I've seen from the community is that this line is viewed as largely complete.

So it might take the release of significant, new storylines for any new books to be released. Like an era book for the High Republic seems likely to me. Eventually.

And I know, hard to imagine something more significant as far as cultural zetgeist than the Mandalorian but from the rpg perspective, there's not really a whole lot new there. I mean, they could ONLY have, what, maybe a more detailed accounting of Mandalorian culture and planets (I'd love to see Basilisk stats for instance), and more details on "the Guild", a couple ships, some gear, some creatures, some NPCs...

OK so they've totally missed the boat with Mandalorian, but I'm still holding out hope for High Republic material.

4 hours ago, emsquared said:

The general sentiment I've seen from the community is that this line is viewed as largely complete.

So it might take the release of significant, new storylines for any new books to be released. Like an era book for the High Republic seems likely to me. Eventually.

And I know, hard to imagine something more significant as far as cultural zetgeist than the Mandalorian but from the rpg perspective, there's not really a whole lot new there. I mean, they could ONLY have, what, maybe a more detailed accounting of Mandalorian culture and planets (I'd love to see Basilisk stats for instance), and more details on "the Guild", a couple ships, some gear, some creatures, some NPCs...

OK so they've totally missed the boat with Mandalorian, but I'm still holding out hope for High Republic material.

there's a damaged basilisk stats in the F&D core rulebook adventure, if you extrapolate a little with the wookiepedia article, it's easy to have stats for an intact one

On 12/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, cybercat07 said:

May have been overkill on my part, but I posted this in all three lines.

Most vocalized that Edge Studios said to give them time... but again. They've tweeted about other products which makes me very concerned.

They've tweeted about projects that were already in the pipeline before the transition, such as Midnight (for d20) and Legends of the Five Rings supplements. They haven't made an official announcement about, say, the next Genesys setting book, either (even if Sam very strongly hinted about Twilight Imperium). As noted in one of your cross-posts, when contacted by the hosts of the Order 66 and The Forge podcasts right after the transition announcement was made, Edge asked them to "give (Edge) the year." This would have been before the pandemic shutdown delaying Edge's ramp-up. If we factor in the requirement of LFL approval for future releases, the history of not announcing new product (particularly Star Wars RPG product) until it's at a certain point in the development process, and having to set up a full RPG group in pandemic conditions, I wouldn't expect any announcements for this game until sometime into 2021.

An Old Republic era book appears to me to be a no brainer.

On 12/13/2020 at 2:15 PM, Luahk said:

An Old Republic era book appears to me to be a no brainer.

Well except they arent allowed. Probably because of high repuic.