Any word from Edge Studios???

By cybercat07, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I’ve seen Edge tweet out information about their other lines but it’s been complete radio silence on SWRPG. And their website updates even less than their Twitter page.

Has anyone else heard anything? At this point even an update or acknowledgement would suffice.

Overall I have to admit I’m worried. I also play X Wing and honestly at least Atomic Mass Games has sent out a few letters and updates.

I wouldn't worry too much.

They are restructuring a company across the Atlantic, during a pandemic.

I doubt we'll hear much news before the new year, I hope for something first quarter next year, but I wouldn't really expect anything before second quarter.

Kieth Kappal and a few other Freelance Star Wars writers have announced recently that they are under contract with Edge Studios. As Jagergryte said, you shouldn't worry too much.

Not to mention, when the D20 Radio guys contacted Edge right after the Edge announcement was made, Edge asked them to “give us the year.” And that would have been right before/at the beginning of the near-global shutdown. With that, I haven’t been expecting to hear anything until sometime after the first of the year.

If edge being in Europe can help them circumnavigate the anti-pdf contract that would be cool.

23 minutes ago, Eoen said:

If edge being in Europe can help them circumnavigate the anti-pdf contract that would be cool.

Asmodee is already in Europe, and that hasn’t changed the terms of the contracts, so...I hope you’re not holding your breath.

11 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Asmodee is already in Europe, and that hasn’t changed the terms of the contracts, so...I hope you’re not holding your breath.

No holding your breath for a year or more could be fatal. Asmodee didn't publish the game under their name, but their imprint which was in America.

Edited by Eoen
7 minutes ago, Eoen said:

No holding your breath for a year or more could be fatal. Asmodee didn't publish the game under their name, but their imprint which was in America.

And it still doesn’t change the terms of both contracts involved.