Spoiled Quicksilver deck **SPOILERS**

By maniakmedic, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Can we talk about Quicksilver? He looks AMAZING. I'm pondering ways to somehow use Serval Industries to help set up a massive turn with multiple readies when his deck is low.

Also, I think my favorite art in the game so far is on the Adrenaline Rush basic upgrade. Rocket's face 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

He looks like a lot of fun. I'd been fooling around with a self-buffing Leadership Captain America deck with other readying effects and after seeing QS, that deck is going to work much better with Pietro. Being 4/4/4 or better while readying more than a couple times per turn will be a blast. Really like Adrenaline Rush and Civic Duty as support for the idea. Allies? No need! (Other than fueling Earth's Mightiest Heroes, that is.)

Sense of Justice is my new favorite art. I love Lockjaw's appearances in Ms. Marvel's comic, especially since he's what got me to buy my first issue of Ms. Marvel and I've enjoyed her ever since.

Have a link to these new cards?

2 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

Have a link to these new cards?

I was going to ask the same thing but I found it!
https://imgur.com/gallery/zROLD7x

My copy just turned up - I’m going to try a few games with the precon after work.

Friction resistance is the best card ever! Trying to maximize it completely is going to be a little tricky, but you honestly don't have to maximize it all the way to get your money's worth. I love the synergy it has with always be running.

Edited by Venompuppy

Really liking the card Speed Cyclone.

I got a couple of quick (pun intended!)solo games in last night with the precon deck - Expert Rhino (Bomb Scare) and Expert Klaw (Masters of Evil).

It was a lot of fun - frictionless resistance is really great when paying for Always be running, as it essentially makes it free to play... He can get lot of work done, and the precon has a couple of ways to Stun, so works pretty well for solo.

I think he’s got a lot of potential for some interesting deck builds - cheap Avenger allies and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes look to be pretty effective with him, as he can do a lot of work with just basic activations. Maximum Velocity was a card I frequently played, as it’s pretty efficient- even without any ready cards, you can benefit from the increased stats 3 times in one turn (twice in the player phase and once in the villain phase - twice if you don’t mind going into the next player phase exhausted).

Exhausting doesn’t feel like a huge cost for him either, as if you have a way to ready yourself, you can still take advantage of his free ready after that. Stun / confuse don’t feel too bad usually either, so long as you don’t have both at once - you can use the opposite stat for your free ready and then just exhaust to get rid and you aren’t losing a huge amount of efficiency...

Looking forward to getting some tougher 2-handed games in at the weekend and maybe mucking around with some Aggression builds (Justice also looks strong, but might even be overkill to build for it - vs Klaw I cleared both of his side schemes turn 1 which I’m not sure I’ve ever done solo before...)

I am so jealous!

@FearLord So how do you rate ally Scarlet Witch and Multiple Man? I really want to throw Multiple Man into a deck and see how he works in practice as opposed to just wargaming his uses in my head.

1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

@FearLord So how do you rate ally Scarlet Witch and Multiple Man? I really want to throw Multiple Man into a deck and see how he works in practice as opposed to just wargaming his uses in my head.

Multiple Man feels really good when he goes off properly, but he was a little hard to play at points just because if the expense, and with the precon I actually found myself defending with Quicksliver anyway, as you get 1 free one a turn, and with both upgrades and a maximum velocity in play he defending for 5... It felt pretty efficient vs Klaw though (less good when I played him vs Rhino as he drew Charge 2 turns in a row!)

Scarlet Witch was also decent it’s rare to pull a card without a single boost so she’s generally at least a 2/2/3 for 3 which isn’t bad, and she can spike higher than that. I recall using her 3 times in the Klaw game and getting 2 pips twice and 2 pip on the 3rd go. Hitting or thwarting for 3 with anally is nothing to sneeze at. I think she’s best used early in a turn where you can hit or thwart vs something where getting a high or low spike won’t be inefficient. Notably she gets stronger as the encounter deck does, so I think she’s pretty strong.

10 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Multiple Man feels really good when he goes off properly, but he was a little hard to play at points just because if the expense, and with the precon I actually found myself defending with Quicksliver anyway, as you get 1 free one a turn, and with both upgrades and a maximum velocity in play he defending for 5... It felt pretty efficient vs Klaw though (less good when I played him vs Rhino as he drew Charge 2 turns in a row!)

Scarlet Witch was also decent it’s rare to pull a card without a single boost so she’s generally at least a 2/2/3 for 3 which isn’t bad, and she can spike higher than that. I recall using her 3 times in the Klaw game and getting 2 pips twice and 2 pip on the 3rd go. Hitting or thwarting for 3 with anally is nothing to sneeze at. I think she’s best used early in a turn where you can hit or thwart vs something where getting a high or low spike won’t be inefficient. Notably she gets stronger as the encounter deck does, so I think she’s pretty strong.

I can definitely see the cost of Multiple Man being an issue, but I'm sure in the right deck build he sings. Especially if you're playing 2-hand solo or with other people and somebody is running an aggression build with Boot Camp (Wasp deck) and throws one down on you.

As for Scarlet Witch, I love that she works that way. She's trying not to go to crazy with the powers on weaker villains, but on stronger villains she's like "Let's do this!"

7 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

I can definitely see the cost of Multiple Man being an issue, but I'm sure in the right deck build he sings. Especially if you're playing 2-hand solo or with other people and somebody is running an aggression build with Boot Camp (Wasp deck) and throws one down on you.

As for Scarlet Witch, I love that she works that way. She's trying not to go to crazy with the powers on weaker villains, but on stronger villains she's like "Let's do this!"

Yeah I feel like Multiple Man would work very well in multiplayer- if you’re set up to block for yourself at least, getting 3 allies out who can each do 1 then protect one of your friends looks great.

Hes slightly awkward though in that 1) Protection has no way to go beyond 3 non-avenger allies and 2) high cost which means you have to be able to play him when he comes up which together mean he’s occasionally hard to play efficiently, which I think is still fine. He also takes up a relatively high amount of deck space which is a consideration...

12 hours ago, FearLord said:

Her and Falcon + Heimdall seems pretty good as a combo.

Is anyone else really, really annoyed that they went old school art and the blue costume for every card....except one?

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

Is anyone else really, really annoyed that they went old school art and the blue costume for every card....except one?

I found it kind of surprising that they threw a single green costume card in there, but it doesn’t bother me - comics have always been about different looks and interpretations of characters - I really don’t get upset about the art in this game - just like the real comics you see a lot of different stuff - some I like more than others, but it all feels like Marvel Comics to me, and that’s more important than the individual pieces to my mind...

2 hours ago, FearLord said:

I found it kind of surprising that they threw a single green costume card in there, but it doesn’t bother me - comics have always been about different looks and interpretations of characters - I really don’t get upset about the art in this game - just like the real comics you see a lot of different stuff - some I like more than others, but it all feels like Marvel Comics to me, and that’s more important than the individual pieces to my mind...

What's your opinion on the art for Winter Soldier in Black Widow's deck?

Also, how does everyone feel about Quicksilver's obligation, need for speed? I don't understand how or why you'd ever pick the second option.

2 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

What's your opinion on the art for Winter Soldier in Black Widow's deck?

Doesn’t bother me. I’ve seen much worse art in actual comic books. It’s not my favourite Winter Soldier piece, but it’s fine.

1 hour ago, Venompuppy said:

Also, how does everyone feel about Quicksilver's obligation, need for speed? I don't understand how or why you'd ever pick the second option.

Why you would pick it is if you didn’t want to go to alter ego for some reason (this seems fairly unlikely, but could happen), but it’s far more likely that you’re forced to do it because you can’t do the first part (because you’re already exhausted). In this case, you’d have to do the second part, and upshot would be that you couldn’t ready.

In normal circumstances, you’d always want to do the first part. It doesn’t even hurt you very much if you have always be running in hand (although it would still be annoying for him if you don’t).

3 hours ago, FearLord said:

Doesn’t bother me. I’ve seen much worse art in actual comic books. It’s not my favourite Winter Soldier piece, but it’s fine.

It doesn't bother me either, I just found it amusing how some people found it revolting for some reason, and abyss' comment reminded me of that.

But yeah, Quicksilver's obligation makes sense now. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

If you are double blocking and it comes up, or if a chain of events leads to Exhaustion into your Obligation.