Makes sense

By Herr Style, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I was watching the recent episode of The Mandolorian with the kids (the one where they are storming out of the transporters on the Jedi planet).

My daughter made a remark along the lines of “Why are Stormtroopers such rubbish shots?”

In my mind I thought,”Probably Regulars and not Elite”.

😂

14 hours ago, Herr Style said:

I was watching the recent episode of The Mandolorian with the kids (the one where they are storming out of the transporters on the Jedi planet).

My daughter made a remark along the lines of “Why are Stormtroopers such rubbish shots?”

In my mind I thought,”Probably Regulars and not Elite”.

😂

Good post, but I'm frankly tired of the trope. I know they were the traditional mook in Star Wars, and that heroes have plot armor, but it is way overused now. They are not a threat. I loved that unlike Star Wars Miniatures, Stormtroopers, especially elite ones, are a real threat, especially in the early going.

I'll just leave this here:

I thought it was explained very clearly in ANH.

"I can't see a thing in this helmet." 😆

28 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

"I can't see a thing in this helmet." 😆

I thought is was "I can't breathe in this thing." :)

3 hours ago, a1bert said:

I thought is was "I can't breathe in this thing." :)

The helmet are biometric controlled, so all the systems were off when Luke put it on. That's my made up canon and I'm sticking to it.

and the troopers were allowing them to escape, as vader had a tracking beacon on the ship.

15 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

and the troopers were allowing them to escape, as vader had a tracking beacon on the ship.

I'm not sure if the troopers were given those orders, nor were the TIEs aware. I think it was more of a "these stormtroopers aren't our best. That's why they've been stationed on our ultra powerful battlestation that nobody could break into. Our stormtroopers probably won't get the targets. And we'll only send out 4 TIEs, they probably won't finish the job either. If they do, no problem, the plans are destroyed. If they don't, then we follow them and blow up the rebel base".

Tarkin wasn't convinced that the tracking beacon was even going to work. Nor was it really his style. But I think the prospect of eradicating the rebellion was too enticing an opportunity to pass up.

Well, the stormtroopers sure made short work of the rebel fleet troopers on the Tantive IV. But everyone seems to have missed that...

On 12/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, Fourtytwo said:

Well, the stormtroopers sure made short work of the rebel fleet troopers on the Tantive IV. But everyone seems to have missed that...

Woah woah woah woah woah. Woah. We don't need any stormtrooper apologists here. 😝

Just kidding. That's the point I was making about the troopers on the Death Star. If you had a massive army with troops across the galaxy, where are you going to put some of the newest and/or the worst shots that you have? On a ultra powerful battle station that has impenetrable defenses. What a great place to train new recruits and hide away those that are less effective.

And where do your best units go? With Darth Vader and Death Squadron who were tasked with the recovery of the Death Star plans.