Any solo players here?

By stuh42asl, in Star Wars: Armada

Started collecting the first day this game came out.Have massive Imperial and Rebel fleets. but like most games here the local game stores do not support it. So I am going to combine Rebellion and Armada for a combined game. Like most of you COVID has pretty much wiped out extra fun money. Igave up on X-WING when FFG started to go the way Games workshop, by forcing players to purchase the 2 nd edition. I invested a lot of money in X-WING but could not go thru the whole process again . I see Armada is starting to go the same way. So I hope we will not have to restart again way to much money to dump the old system an start with a version 2,like X-Wing.

Edited by stuh42asl

I would not worry to much about armada coming out with a second edition. The game is very well balanced and the rules function very well. Xwing had flaws from the beginning and power creep was really bad. I stopped playing xwing shortly after the scum faction released. I couldn't afford both games and I could keep up with xwings release schedule. And armada is what I've always wanted. They changes to armada are pretty minor in comparison. Pass tokens are the biggest change really. The new format of upgrade cards with the blue and red boxes make things a little more dynamic (complicated...) But I think the game is still in a good place. We will see how things shake out when more people can get out and play some games.

Cant afford the new cards still have all original stuff no one in Barrie Ontario plays anymore and I am not driving to Toronto with a lock down there .

18 hours ago, stuh42asl said:

So I am going to combine Rebellion and Armada for a combined game.

I've done some work toward this end already. I've created some rules and formulas in Google Sheets that transform Rebellion battles to happen in Armada and Legion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yjTH9_ilVFtLmn1S5F92rCV_s6lS4iZL-vMx2z0-fvU/edit?usp=sharing

Check out the various tabs on the bottom to see it all. You can copy it to your own account to edit it. It's not perfect, and I'm receptive to any feedback given.

If you've got something you're already working on, I'd love to see it as well.

the stag

Thank you for your rules........ wow is all I can say..

Shane

Hi,

I'm not a solo player per say but I did develop a robot player so that you can play Armada solo.

Here's the link https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/188857/eds-armada-robot-player-v10

...answering late and a couple days before this forum goes down so not sure this will actually serve any purpose....but what the ****, you never know!