Republic Quad (Ext)

By Bananakin Skyblocker, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Hello! It’s ages since I posted (and under an old account that I lost from the 1.0 days) but I’ve been thinking up so many options with this list that I figured I’d reach out and see if anyone has any crazy suggestions or interesting ways to go with it.

This is about the tenth version of this list that’s continued evolving as stuff has come out, but the third version with the eta. Previously had Wolffe instead of Barriss, (who is by no means bad but figured I’d switch it up to swap some stuff around).

Dropping him gets me Barriss, who I mostly want to mess around with for crits for Obis autoblaster, but also basically being mini palp and can spend her force for someone. In theory, shouldn’t be bad, and wasn’t when I messed around with her before, but probably just turns into Luminara/Eta if she doesn’t turn out very helpful.

He also buys me juke on Anakin, (his only untested upgrade, plasma/passive has been stapled to him for a while now), sense on Obi (which as we know is just good with IC and helps out everyone else’s repositions) and ups Klick to Contrail who hopefully also just is more consistent and sticks around messing with focus results shooting at him. Conner nets were thermals but I figured I’d give them a try for the same cost and get some ion fun in the list and make them an easy target for Obi to swing on in and autoblaster in the back. Precision ion ended up being for fun and because I had the points, could be pretty good, or easily dropped for bid or other upgrades.

Depending on how these upgrades go though, there’s a lot of points to be swapped around for other astros (r4p’s or something for the v wing) or combos (if juke doesent do much on Anakin on the mat, for example), thus the post and seeing if anyone has any particulars with these ships that would work better!

BANANA GANG 2: Banana Peel Boogaloo

(41) Anakin Skywalker [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(2) Passive Sensors
(7) Juke
(7) Plasma Torpedoes

(49) Obi-Wan Kenobi [Eta-2 Actis]
(3) R7-A7
(3) Autoblasters
(5) Sense

(33) "Contrail" [Nimbus-class V-wing]
(2) Alpha-3B "Besh"
(3) Conner Nets