New to the game, asking for advice in list building

By Yipikayey, in Army Building

Hello, i just bought the Clone wars core, and i am thinking about joining a league. The format is 800 points, i am sure there are plenty of people who are also fairly new to the game aswell, so i don't need a throat cutter list, but just some guidelines on what direction should i am for to have a decent 800 point list withouth spending money on stuff i don't really want (like tanks).

So right now what i have is only the core, if you were in my situation, what purchases would you do to achieve a 800 point list, that will serve as a core from where to expand later on.

Thanks in advance, cheers

If you're going GAR, stupid as it sounds a second (or even third) core set would do you well for more Phase Is as its the cheapest method of getting them (plus getting you a load of useful dice and tools not to mention triple BARC). Aside from that, Captain Rex is still a **** hero on all tables. Phase IIs will net you some additional corps options, and ARCs (though hard to find sometimes) are invaluable in every way from strikes to full squads.

CIS is pretty much the same on wanting more core sets as B1s are your friend. Past that it's kinda the wild west because most CIS expansions are pretty dope.

Not specific to GAR or CIS, you'll want the Upgrade Card pack for additional options. Tbh though, you should feel free just to write these down next to your unit cards in casual games. In league games though they might require the real card.