Suffering the same critical injury multiple times?

By Fl1nt, in Game Masters

Hello,

Since this came up in my last oneshot session and I was quite unsure how to deal with it:

What happens if a character suffers the same Critical Injury again when that Critical Injury (for example Scattered Senses) has no possible cumulative effect?

For Crits like Crippled or the Crits that only have a onetime effect like Bowled Over this is no problem it will just apply again.

But for Crits like Scattered Senses, Hamstrung or Slightly Dazed (might be more) it is less clear to me...
same would go to getting the Bowled Over Crit while already being knocked down (then it would have no effect, yes?).

My ruling at the time was it would just apply again (and in our case for Scattered Senses) would have no further effect.

Am I missing something?
How are you handling this stuff?

Thanks for your input 😃

Edited by Fl1nt

I just play it by ear, depending on the specific crit. If the effects aren't stackable, lucky PC.

It is possible, or you coule chose the crit below that to take effect. I believe there's some rule somewhere that allows it. AfB.

They still get it, and while it may have no cumulative immediate effect, you keep track of it for healing and adding to the bonus on further Critical Injury rolls as with all other Critical Injuries.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, HappyDaze said:

They still get it, and while it may have no cumulative immediate effect, you keep track of it for healing and adding to the bonus on further Critical Injury rolls as with all other Critical Injuries.

Yeah I realized that now.
They still have an effect in increasing the total number of crits and severity of the next crit.

I feel a little silly now xD