Wow, impressive new design and Descent section!

By fredmethot, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

This is a very nice site, but I wish it had a general forum for non-title specific gaming questions.

I think that the best place for this is on the Fantasy Flight Games section "support".

bthermans said:

I second the idea to transfer the Answered/Unanswered sticky. Would be a pity if we lost that.

Bart

that would be my preference also

Wel, time to throw out my re-mapping the CSS for Stylish. This site looks GOOOOOD.

Love the new site, keep it up

I was pretty surprised to see the site had changed and I really like the look of it. The forum is slick but I would think the Mods would keep an eye out for folks trying to just get points by their useless posts and delete them. I am sure that would take away the point for said post right?

I know I already gave praise to the new look, but it just dawned on me that if your working environment at the office is prejudiced against you looking at non-work-related websites (basically, I am the only gamer/action figure collector in an office of 113 employees, so I get punished for looking at "stupid stuff" while everyone else gets to play around on FaceBook all day), then the new site makes it look a lot more subtle than the old one - even with a shrunk web browser window, people could still tell I was on the Descent forums, but now they will think I am on some other, possibly much more "normal", website. So all in all, the new look makes browsing the forums at the office much more easier. Hats off to the FFG, piss off to my colleagues!! gran_risa.gif

I get punished for looking at "stupid stuff"

That is so funny! How is browsing a gaming site, stupid....tsk, tsk.

@ iam, I just downloaded your merged manual and card creator and they look great. Just wanted you to know happy.gif

Faithful

I must say I am definately impressed with the new look of the site. I have been a fan of your boardgames for a long time now and just had to say Great Job!

I like the new look.

The Homepage needs a little time to get used to it but then it is great.

The Forums looks great.

But if there is no way to keep a sticky up to date, all the new look is not that good at all.

Hope there will be a way to do this.

Boy! it's been awail since I chk this site. I thought I was in the wrong spot.

I must say I like the look. Looking forward to exploring the inns and outs. gran_risa.gif

I am hoping the Mods will delete multiple posts about the same topic or atleast merge them cause that got really annoying when checking out the boards to see "Is this game Balanced?" among other topics. But I also blame lazy visitors who don't take the time to search through existing topics and post under it since they might even find their answer as it has been asked by others.

Thundercles said:

uh, keep editing the first post of a thread in order to keep the info current.

Which I guess is impossible now with the new forums.

Good news!

After making a post in a thread I started, I have the ability, for a few minutes, to edit the original topic post! Which means that we can still use the old method of gathering and storing information.

Is there currently any method to "watch" a thread/forum and be notified of new posts?

Not that I am aware of. This forum was pretty much released without any features whatsoever (other than the library and friends features), and they are adding stuff as they go.

So we may get one eventually.

Joram said:

Thundercles said:

uh, keep editing the first post of a thread in order to keep the info current.

Which I guess is impossible now with the new forums.

Good news!

After making a post in a thread I started, I have the ability, for a few minutes, to edit the original topic post! Which means that we can still use the old method of gathering and storing information.

This only lasts like 5 minutes, and I don't know if the counter respawns.

EDIT: Respawns? What? I mean resets. Been playing too many games I guess.

Still, it means that every time you want to edit the Original Post, all you have to do is make a post saying "Updates + random-stuff-to-meet-the-minimum-word-count" and then edit the original post.

So it still means that you can maintain a working index in the topic post, you just have to announce every time you update it.