Road to Legends questions

By cbytes, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1. When a party first enters a dungeon can they use the transport rune to go to Tamalir to heal, before starting the dungeon ?

2. Game week movement, can the party move past a dungeon straight to another town in one weeks time or do they have to stop at the dungeon and then another week passes to get to the next town ? (provided the next town is 2 weeks away)

cbytes said:

1. When a party first enters a dungeon can they use the transport rune to go to Tamalir to heal, before starting the dungeon ?

2. Game week movement, can the party move past a dungeon straight to another town in one weeks time or do they have to stop at the dungeon and then another week passes to get to the next town ? (provided the next town is 2 weeks away)

1. On turn 1 of the dungeon, they could go back to talimar. This would give the Overlord an extra turn at the start of the dungeon though. They can't do Talimar restock actions before setting foot in level 1 of the dungeon though.

2. They have to stop at the dungeon, although they don't have to enter the dungeon. They will get the 1 conquest for exploring the dungeon even if they don't go into it. As you yourself said, the town is 2 weeks away. The party can't travel 2 weeks in 1 weeks time.

1. So just to be clear the turn one level 1 transport glyph the heros start at, can be used like any other activated transport glyph anywhere else in the dungeon to return to Tamalir to restock, as listed on page 18 of the RTL rules.

The reason I ask is because, my heros had an encounter prior to the dungeon and suffered wounds, they want to return to Tamalir as soon as they step in to the dungeon to restock on healing pots. I agree this just gives the OL a chance to move closer to the glyph when they return.

2. thanks for the clarification on movement. I thought that is the way it was.

cbytes said:

1. So just to be clear the turn one level 1 transport glyph the heros start at, can be used like any other activated transport glyph anywhere else in the dungeon to return to Tamalir to restock, as listed on page 18 of the RTL rules.

The reason I ask is because, my heros had an encounter prior to the dungeon and suffered wounds, they want to return to Tamalir as soon as they step in to the dungeon to restock on healing pots. I agree this just gives the OL a chance to move closer to the glyph when they return.

Correct. The starting glyph is a glyph like any other.

cbytes said:

2. thanks for the clarification on movement. I thought that is the way it was.

There is a party upgrade item called the Staff of the Wilds (I think) that lets them move two spaces in one week. Without that item they can only move one space per week. Even with that item, if they choose to stop and enter a dungeon they can't continue on afterward in the same turn, though.

When is the base game going to be restocked