30 squad limit? And not cross platform?

By Larky Bobble, in X-Wing Squad Builder

So my squads have stopped saving. I counted and I have 29 already saved in my app. I have another in the PC. Despite the same logon the PC can't see the app squads and vice versa. That sucks! I like the PC, when I get access, but I ain't going to lug it to a store to play...

Anyway. It seems that there is a 30 squad limit, total. Is that correct?

If so, that's puny. This is Kbytes of storage, at most. Why so cheap? One harddrive probably holds enough data to give every person on the planet a hundred squads.

. .

I'm thinking about buying seperatists and jedi stuff...

But I can't save any ideas now? That's so poor. Does Asmodee want my money? I have no intentions of deleting my saved squads, as each one is for a different available mini I have. One or two repetitions for pilot choices (Guri or Xixor, for example) but I haven't even created any FO or Res squads yet!

I really hope someone in Asmodee is paying attention to the feedback. It's so easy to make this game gold again, and therefore grow its revenue stream ,for minimal cost.

30 squads limt? Nuts. If they are worried about the list being too long, let us save by faction!

Edited by Larky Bobble

No squads can save anymore. It's not a limit, as I deleted many squads and still can't save any.

It seems that it happened when I opened the builder via the dektop. No squads loaded at all. Maybe the broken squad with real value 203 (printed at 200) upset the system.

Anyway. The app's dead for me now. I can't save any new squads. Oh well. Uninstall I guess.

Edited by Larky Bobble

Hello. This is a strange error. Your squads saved on desktop and mobile should be synched. When you say that you cannot save squads, what exactly happens? Also, are you on Android or iOS?

To confirm, you are using the new version of the app we released in late November, correct?

Hi,

Thanks for following up. Ok, here goes.

Originally on Samsung J2 (android) I installed the new app. It accessed all my old squads from the previous app. All good.

I then discovered a calculation bug that left me with a 200/200 squad with a true value 203pts. I left it saved as thuglife for you guys (another thread). No intention of using it.

I saved more squads in my J2. No probs.

I then looked at the desktop version in Ffox. I liked it but it didn't seemy squads. I thought I had saved one there(but it didn't).

Upon using my J2 again I could see my squads there, but now I couldn't save new ones. I didn't try to modify previous squads.

Anyway. I now bought a Samsung A21. Nice phone. Installed the new app. No squads there, and no saves possible. It looks great and works fine, but is utterly useless. I'd imagine a new email logon would "fix" it, but then I need a new FFG logon... not fun.

I hope you can sort it. I truly believe it is related to the calculation bug. The saved squad with an untrue value could screw it all up..

Anyway, great app but the PO doesn't use the product. That needs to change.

Edited by Larky Bobble

Thanks for the info. I have tried to reproduce this but am having little luck.

If you still have the squad saved, when you look at the game mode selector (to the left of the overall points, just under the squad name, what game mode does it display? If it says <game mode> DEPRECATED, it should be updated by tapping the game mode text and selecting the proper game mode. That is my suspicion on the improper points totals. I will have the devs take a closer look and see if they can replicate it.

If you did indeed uninstall, we recently updated the app in the play store. You could try to reinstall and check, being sure to update deprecated game modes as detailed above. I hope this helps!

As I said, I'm now on a new phone. Installed the app on it (android again). But I have no acceess to squads in the new phone, and nor will it save any. The landing menu only shows a "proximity alert"...

This is not something I can reproduce anymore, not that I'm trying. I'd recommend making a squad where you look at pilots and give them upgrades before cancelling them and returning to pilot menus or the squad one. Save a squad when you get the wrong total. I made 30 squads and it happened twice...

Without trying, I had got a -17 value empty seperatist squad. Only by looking at Maul and Tyranus piltots with potential upgrades. I never selected either. That mathematical error seems to have shut down my squad capabilities, when saved.. Now the app is worthless without a new moniker.

Edited by Larky Bobble