How to score games?

By Makikis, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I know that this topic has probably been covered a bunch of times, but I want to get this straight.

I am a casual player, and me and the people I play with have started playing with a 75 minute timer. We've been scoring games by calculating the amount of points each ship is worth, and when someone destroys that ship, that someone gets that amount of points. We also play it so that by the end of the game, if a ship is at half points, you get half of the amount of points that ship is worth.

Am I playing this right? I've heard in a few places that the half points thing only happens with large ships, but when I watch tournament games on Gold Squadron Podcast, they do the half points thing for small and medium ships as well.

Thanks!

Half points for large ships was a First Edition rule. Now in 2E all ships give up half points.

30 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Half points for large ships was a First Edition rule. Now in 2E all ships give up half points.

Ok, thank you!

Sounds about right.

For more on how to calculate score, see the Tournament Regulations, page 8.

Calculating a Player’s Score : A player’s score helps determine who won the game in certain circumstances and is used to calculate Margin of Victory (see “Margin of Victory” on page 8). Each player calculates their score by adding together the total squad point value of their opponent’s destroyed ships, including upgrade cards equipped to those ships. In addition, each player receives half the total squad point value (including upgrade cards), rounded up, of each enemy ship whose health (combined total hull and shields, including any modifications to hull or shields via cards such as Hull Upgrade or Shield Upgrade) has been reduced to half or below. If a player destroys all of the opponent’s ships, the opponent’s squad is worth 200 squad points for the purposes of calculating score, even if the total ship and upgrade cards are worth fewer squad points. If a player concedes the game, all of that player’s remaining ships are destroyed and removed before calculating each player’s score

Note that the total destruction of an opponent means 200 points, regardless of their total squad points.

Thanks for clearing everything up!