Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit, Missing Pieces?

By billyyank, in X-Wing

I just organized my Rebel Alliance conversion kit, and I think I'm missing a dial. I have two A-Wing dials and 1 TIE/LN dial (Sabine's TIE Fighter), but then I have the face of an A-Wing dial and the maneuver wheel of another TIE Fighter, with one available connecting button. So was I supposed to have a complete third A-Wing dial, or a complete second TIE Fighter dial?

23 minutes ago, billyyank said:

I just organized my Rebel Alliance conversion kit, and I think I'm missing a dial. I have two A-Wing dials and 1 TIE/LN dial (Sabine's TIE Fighter), but then I have the face of an A-Wing dial and the maneuver wheel of another TIE Fighter, with one available connecting button. So was I supposed to have a complete third A-Wing dial, or a complete second TIE Fighter dial?

According to the contents list on the back of the box, the Kit should have given you materials enough to field two TIE/ln’s and three RZ-1 A-Wings.

Check those couch cushions.

I looked all over, there's nothing extra. How can I contact FFG?

Is it at all possible that one of the dials you built from the kit has the other mis-matched pair? Small text on them, not hard to mis-read one. Since these are part of full sheets it doesn't seem likely that any one could have a single dial mis-printed on it.

You definitely would have noticed if they were actually missing when you took them out the box because there would have been gaping holes in two of the punchboards.

24 minutes ago, Spinland said:

Is it at all possible that one of the dials you built from the kit has the other mis-matched pair? Small text on them, not hard to mis-read one. Since these are part of full sheets it doesn't seem likely that any one could have a single dial mis-printed on it.

Yeah, I'd for sure go through and check your assembled dials, this is way more likely.

16 hours ago, Spinland said:

Dammit, yes, that's exactly what happened. I misread the very small print and joined a TIE/LN dial with an A-Wing dial. That's not a problem because I can just pry the button apart and put the dials together the right way.

The problem I now have is that I already contacted Amazon when I thought that the kit had a few pieces missing. I wasn't trying to get a refund, but that was the only remedy they had for me, so I reluctantly took it. Now I feel like a heel; this was not what I had in mind. I'll try asking Amazon if they can recharge me. Honestly, I wasn't trying to steal a conversion kit from them, but that is effectively what I did. ****.

Puchase some core sets and invite new players to the game.