Boba and the value of two modification slots

By DDolan, in X-Wing

So Boba got an update which as far as I can tell is there to stop everyone using Maul with him all the time in a bid to change things up a little which I think is reasonable enough (I will save grumbling about not being able to use the upgrade cards his kit comes with for a different time), but what exactly can be done with two modification slots that is interesting and opens up new uses of the model?

It seems like the mods he usually takes are defensive in nature, like Hull Upgrade or Stealth Device. Stacking them could be worthwhile, but expensive.
With Bombs being a part of Boba’s arsenal, using the extra mod slot for Fuses doesn’t feel too bad. You still get something like Hull Upgrade for added beef while also adding some bomb flexibility for cheap.

I mean, take a look at the kihraxz, and how much value it sees from two Mod slots?

I think Boba doesn't bother filling the mod slot and just leaves the points gained from not having crew to other parts of the squad or bid.

Mod slot just doesn't offer enough. Probably still fills talent, illicit, and device slots. Maybe Stealth Device.

Using both mods on Boba is a points trap. I wouldn’t do it. One maybe, depending on the rest of the list.

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

PhilGC was exploring Boba double mod slot in his latest blog: https://suchanxwinghipster.wordpress.com/2020/11/24/the-firespray-chronicles-part-1-i-work-alone/

It's worth the read from one of the best Boba players.

I was just reflecting on this earlier, nice to see a sharp Boba mind also thinking similar hypotheses. I think there's potential still with the AD/HG.

Edited by Cloaker