Prophet: Font of Power

By CloudyLemonade92, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Does this ability also affect the user?

Once per session, may take the Font of Power action. Until the end of the encounter, characters within medium range add automatic [Light] or [Dark] to checks based on alignment.

Its from the same tree as Inspiring Rhetoric which does not affect the user.

As written, no, no it does not affect the user. To my great disappointment :( ...

The full text of the talent specifies that it only boosts others.

It also has no friend/foe detector. It's doesn't just work for allies but on every other Force-user.

My personal house-rule is that it does affect the user too, but that is very specifically a house-rule.

Mostly because I love Mystics (and the Prophet feels otherwise a little underwhelming). I won't claim that it's balanced, because I have no idea of it is or not 😛 .

Edited by Absol197
3 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

The full text of the talent specifies that it only boosts others.

It also has no friend/foe detector. It's doesn't just work for allies but on every other

Where is the full text located????

edit: Found it.

Edited by CloudyLemonade92
12 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Where is the full text located????

Page 32.

"Once per game session, the character may perform the Font of Power action. For the remainder of the encounter, if the character is a light-side Force user, whenever another Force user within medium range rolls [Force dice], add automatic [white pip] to the results. If the character is a dark-side Force user, whenever another Force user within medium range rolls [Force dice], add automatic [black pip] to the results."

Always read the full text of talents and Force powers, there are a lot of details that can't fit into the little boxes on the talent trees :) .

53 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Always read the full text of talents and Force powers, there are a lot of details that can't fit into the little boxes on the talent trees :) .

Stupid little boxes making me look bad.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:10 PM, Absol197 said:

My personal house-rule is that it does affect the user too, but that is very specifically a house-rule.

Mostly because I love Mystics (and the Prophet feels otherwise a little underwhelming). I won't claim that it's balanced, because I have no idea of it is or not 😛 .

No one has ever used this tree at a table i've played in and I think its because it reads poorly. Especially as you can't friend/foe it.

I'd probably have it affect the user too. There's a couple talents in mystic which seem sub-optimal in a similar fashion, forewarning comes to mind.