About Duke....

By tasman, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Noob question here. If I activate Duke for his +2 to fight ability, will it stay if I attack with some other weapon? I.E. fire axe?

20 minutes ago, tasman said:

Noob question here. If I activate Duke for his +2 to fight ability, will it stay if I attack with some other weapon? I.E. fire axe?

You spend an action to activate Duke and Fight with a base combat of 4. This change to your base combat lasts only for the duration of the fight. You can't activate anything else that costs an action, such as Fire Axe, while fighting with Duke. However, you do still get any static bonuses to your combat (e.g. from Beat Cop), can use free triggered abilities (e.g. from Physical Training) and commit cards (e.g. Vicious Blow) as normal.

I hope that helps.

I take it you're referring to the top ability on Duke: Loyal Hound ?

A couple of points here - firstly, the action doesn't increase Pete's Fight stat by two, it replaces it with Duke's stat of 4 - a minor difference, but an important one.

Secondly, the Fight stat change and damage bonus are specific to the Fight action which you get from using Duke in that way. After the action resolves, you revert to using Pete's Fight value.

Fire Axe would have no effect on this Fight action. If you had anyone with a static +Fight bonus, like Jessica Hyde, then I believe that modifier would apply to the attack.

Thank you