Storage Question

By arti47, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Hi can I check, what is the storage capacity like for the core box and the expansion (deluxe) boxes? How many hero packs and scenario packs can be fit in each?

sounds like a simple question but has a lot of secondary ones:

Sleeved or non-sleeved? Horizontal or vertical? what are you using for dividers?

I actually use the Red Skull box for heroes, but because I keep them sleeved I ran out of room at Spider Woman, so she and Ant Man need their own home.

I keep all the villain cards and encounter cards sleeved in same color so they are easy to set up...I can set up a game in about 3 minutes...but that means the villains take one core box on their own. I can fit maybe 3 more before I need to start on a second box and I pick up every set that comes out. The modular take up a second but that is because I have a ton of space in my game rooms so don't need to be economical with space. They could take a lot less if desired.

The insert for the core box is horrible. The insert for RotR shows improvement.

I use a single Row Long Box for most of the Villains and scenario modules, plus a Deck Box with extra sleeves in the Long Row. I put my sleeved and built Hero decks on one side of the RotR box. I keep Wrecking Crew, the level I Villains and Hero Obligations in the core box so I can generate random Hero and Villain matchups.

I keep up to 4 hot decks in a Deck Box in the core set box along with the Health meters.

Ultimately though I am going to buy a 3-D printer and make my own inserts,

I use color sleeves that help as well.

All Villains and Villain Setup cards (except Wrecking Crew - color coded) that never end up in the encounter deck are sleeved in Black which serve as separators.

All Encounter Cards and Obligations are Dark Green sleeved.

I use Clear Perfect Fit Sideloaders with all the Heroes (real useful with Ant-Man). Then build them out in colored sleeves. I generally share colors with one other hero that I can swap an Aspect out with.

Exception:

• Jessica Drew (stock deck) - Red

My Combos so far:

• Spider-Man/Ms Marvel (Justice) - Magenta
  • Black Widow/Black Panther (Justice) - Black (with a few swapable aspect cards)
  • Hulk/She-Hulk (Aggression) - Lime Green With Swappable She-Hulk/Hulk Allies

Eventual Anticipated Combos (once i breakdown the Stock Decks):

• Captain America / Hawkeye - Leadership (either Purple or Blue)
  • Iron-Man/Wasp (Leadership) - Gold
  • Thor/Ant-Man (Aggro) - Dark Blue?
  • Dr. Strange/Scarlet Witch (Protection) - Scarlet or Orange?
  • Captain Marvel/Quicksilver (Protection) - Mint/Silver/Sky Blue?
Edited by IceHot42

I own everything released so far, sleeve all my cards, and am able to fit most stuff in the Core box and standard insert that comes with it. Specifically, I'm able to store a deck for every hero (except one now that Ant-Man is out), all Core villains and modules, Green Goblin villains and modules, and the Wrecking Crew. Everything else - RoRS villains, modules, and campaign cards, Kang villain and modules, currently unused aspect and basic cards, and Ant_man deck - is taking up slightly over half of the Red Skull box. I've opted to use a separate small container for the dials and tokens though they could fit in the RORS box too if needed.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:14 AM, arti47 said:

Hi can I check, what is the storage capacity like for the core box and the expansion (deluxe) boxes? How many hero packs and scenario packs can be fit in each?

Right now you can fit every card sleeved in both the core and the RoRS expansion, sitting horizontally.

Ok thanks all for the replies. It’s great knowing I don’t need to get extra storage boxes for the cards.... like LOTR.