The ghost counter/repeat event cards?

By Stealth Pacifist, in Red November

Okay, I think I have a pretty thorough understanding of the rules based on what I've read from the rulebook and the FAQ. The only small irritation I have is that I have no idea how to use the ghost counter, as it's only referred to... once in the course of the rulebook, and not mentioned at all in the FAQs. How does it keep track of time? Does it move with the first player and whoever moves past said player gets the ghost counter on top of his head? I'm not quite sure how to use it.

Another thing: When each player passes an event tile with their timekeeper - one that's been activated by another player - is an event card still played, as in, something else goes wrong around the same time? Or do they ignore that event tile and continue doing things to pass the time?

Would like answers to these ASAP. Thank you!

You plan your actions and as an example it all in all might cost you 8 minutes to do it (at least thats what you hope maybe gran_risa.gif ). So you place the ghost counter 8 minutes ahead of the position of your time keeper. After that you role the die to find out if your action would succeed.

Then you move your timekeeper up to the position of the ghost counter and stop at every position with a sign on it and do as the sign requests. It does not matter how many players have passed these signs before you.

Whoa, wait. You place the ghost counter before the action roll, get a success or fail, then move the counter down to the ghost counter? And every "star" (I'm guessing that's what you meant by sign) your counter passes means you have to draw an event card? That's BRUTAL. I'm gonna try it!

Yes, brutal is the right word. I love this game gran_risa.gif . The time counting system is incredible. I wonder if it might be useful for the old Star Treck interactive Boardgame, as a replacement for the video tape.

Imagine it like this: When you are moving the ghost marker, that represents, what you are doing right here, right now. Then you move your colored marker, which represents what happened, when you were doing it.